Search and replace

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Richard777

Search and replace

Post by Richard777 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:31 am

The search and replace still doesn't allow words to be searched for when they are in comments.

I rely on this function in Microsoft Word, and is the single reason I can't transfer fully to Softmaker Office! It is therefore a deal breaker for me.

If a tick box to allow comments to be searched were added to search and replace, I'd be delighted and it would justify making the purchase. The navigation panel view of comments is not sufficient when you use hundreds of comments in a file and need to look for specific phrases which may appear in just a few of them!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Search and replace

Post by sven-l » Tue May 05, 2015 8:16 am

You can search for comments via Edit=>GoTo=>Comment. A better solution is on the agenda for the future.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Richard777

Re: Search and replace

Post by Richard777 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks. I had already come across that solution, but it doesn't solve the problem for large documents with numerous comment notes because only the first few words are shown, and it's laborious in the extreme compared to a simple search and find dialogue.

Return to “Beta: TextMaker 2016 for Windows”