Cross References

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

TonyDaly

Cross References

Post by TonyDaly » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:38 pm

I see that there is no update to the way TextMaker assigns cross references in the final beta. This is disappointing (actually a deal breaker). It really is a key feature of document writing to be able to cross reference heading numbers and table captions etc (not just page numbers) and that these are automatically updated. Will this make it into TextMaker 2016?....please

JohnWasilewski

Re: Cross References

Post by JohnWasilewski » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:43 pm

This has always been a killer for me as well. I use cross referencing to paragraphs all the time, and TM's wek functionality in this forces me always, against my strong preference for TM, to revert to M$Word for nearly all my written work. I so wish TM had better cross referencing facilities.

As a minimum, I think we just need ONE small but essential addition in the cross references ("References") dialog box:

At the moment, the 'Type' selection pane currently lists,
- Bookmark
- Footnote
- Object

and the 'Show' biox lists,
- Page
- Number

Please, SoftMaker, press your developers to add to the 'Type' selector :
- Paragraph <-- highest importance, essential;
- Heading <-- very desirable.
---
John

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:03 pm

I will refer your suggestions to our developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

TonyDaly

Post by TonyDaly » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Thanks Sven.

In terms of end user requirements I need to be able to cross reference numbered items e.g. "see section 2.3", where "2.3" is the cross reference to a numbered heading and "see table/figure 3" where "3" is the cross reference to a sequential object.

Tony

Return to “Beta: TextMaker 2016 for Windows”