MS beta

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Presentations HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

goodwinod

MS beta

Post by goodwinod » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:24 am

Microsoft has a beta for a much more functional (vs. their current version) Office program for Android. They are (at least now) restricting it to 7-10 inch screens (there will be a fee for larger screens), but they are working on a presenter view. I know I have mentioned this in both betas, but hopefully you consider upgrading this to stay competitive. Right now Textmaker is the best out there, but Presentations leaves a lot to be desired.

As you develop the presenter view, please consider making the ability to change the size of the notes vs slide. I know what is on my slide so I like to make the notes bigger and the slide smaller until I try to write on the slide (so the writing shows on the presentation).

atl068

Re: MS beta

Post by atl068 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:29 am

Agreed that Presenter leaves much to be desired. Looking at the forum though, I suspect Presentations is also the part of the suite that sees least demand.

I would also like to see a much improved interface, e.g. for making slides with animations (right now I have to dig through menus/dialog boxes/options) to add and rearrange animations...

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:58 am

goodwinod wrote: As you develop the presenter view, please consider making the ability to change the size of the notes vs slide. I know what is on my slide so I like to make the notes bigger and the slide smaller until I try to write on the slide (so the writing shows on the presentation).

In View=>Notes you can edit the size of the frames for notes and slides. Just tap on the border of a frame and drag it.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:26 am

atl068 wrote:Agreed that Presenter leaves much to be desired. Looking at the forum though, I suspect Presentations is also the part of the suite that sees least demand.

I would also like to see a much improved interface, e.g. for making slides with animations (right now I have to dig through menus/dialog boxes/options) to add and rearrange animations...
There is a sidebar available for animations and transitions.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

goodwinod

Post by goodwinod » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:35 pm

sven-l wrote:
goodwinod wrote: As you develop the presenter view, please consider making the ability to change the size of the notes vs slide. I know what is on my slide so I like to make the notes bigger and the slide smaller until I try to write on the slide (so the writing shows on the presentation).

In View=>Notes you can edit the size of the frames for notes and slides. Just tap on the border of a frame and drag it.
Are you saying that changing one slide will now change them all? Or do you still have to do this for each individual slide? Some of my presentations have more than 100 slides. I can't do this on every one.

Also, can you now view the notes on your screen while you are presenting? I wanted to try this myself but I have already used my 30 day trial period. I guess it doesn't renew with a new version. If it has these 2 options I would definitely buy and promote. So far only OfficeSuite does this.
Last edited by goodwinod on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodwinod

Post by goodwinod » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:14 pm

atl068 wrote:Agreed that Presenter leaves much to be desired. Looking at the forum though, I suspect Presentations is also the part of the suite that sees least demand.

Yes, unfortunately this is true with most Office programs. It is interesting though, because the presenter view seems to be one of the most commonly requested features. Maybe it is just the forums I am involved in, but even in the Microsoft office beta forum it is commonly talked about. Also, the presentation software seems like an ideal way to promote software. As a professor at a university, I have 300 students every year looking at a particular piece of software that I use on the big screen. I frequently have students ask what technology I use. Seems like good, free advertising to me.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:01 am

goodwinod wrote: Are you saying that changing one slide will now change them all? Or do you still have to do this for each individual slide? Some of my presentations have more than 100 slides. I can't do this on every one.
Unfortunately this action only applies for one slide, not for all of them.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:02 am

goodwinod wrote: Also, can you now view the notes on your screen while you are presenting? I wanted to try this myself but I have already used my 30 day trial period. I guess it doesn't renew with a new version. If it has these 2 options I would definitely buy and promote. So far only OfficeSuite does this.
This is on the agenda for the future but not yet possible.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Presentations HD”