Changing Theme Crashes App

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

AJ_

Changing Theme Crashes App

Post by AJ_ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:22 am

When I go to Tools/Options/Appearance then try to select a Dialog Style other than Standard (light) the app crashes. I removed app, removed all Softmaker folders, and reinstalled Planmaker HD and it still crashes. The Dialog Style function works perfectly fine in TextMaker HD. Will you please fix this ASAP? I have severe OCD, and I would very much like my Softmaker themes to match. Lol

I have already submitted logs through your crash auto reporting tool.
Last edited by AJ_ on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Changing Theme Crashes App

Post by martin-k » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:39 am

What device, which version of Android, which revision of PlanMaker HD?

Does it happen for ANY theme except Standard?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:08 am

Yes, it crashes when trying to use all themes except for standard. The only way I can get the app to reopen is to clear all application data/cache which erases all my settings, registration data, etc, or uninstall/reinstall the app.
Device:
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Android Version:
Planmaker HD Version:

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:21 am

I take back what I said about TextMaker HD working perfectly fine. It opens perfectly fine but if you try to open a file it crashes too.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:30 am

AJ_, you post many things that nobody here can reproduce. Do you have a chance to try SoftMaker Office on another Android tablet?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:23 am

To be honest I have considered getting a larger tablet, but I would only purchase another Samsung Galaxy product with an OEM built in stylus. There's far too much electronic junk available today, and the Samsung Galaxy has more than proven itself to me. I tried a Dell/Windows tablet, but it was absolute junk and I returned it. The Samsung tablets are one of the most popular available. It would be much better if you would make your software compatible with the Samsung tablets. I'm not going to buy another tablet until I know your software will work on it. I use your software on and off all day every day. I just want your features/functions to work. You should have the capability to simulate the hardware of the Samsung Galaxy Note and test/debug and fix the issues I have identified. I have seen numerous reviews of others in the Google app store that are also using Galaxy Notes which is why I decided to purchase your software again. What devices are you testing your apps on if not the Samsung Galaxy line? I must have a built in OEM stylus so that the tablet and stylus are fully compatible.
Last edited by AJ_ on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:38 am

Additionally, I am most likely using the same operating system (Android 6.x) and very similar hardware to a larger Samsung tablet. I honestly think that I would be having the same issues on a larger Samsung tablet.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:38 am

I was not suggesting to buy another tablet. Maybe you can try it on a friend's or colleague's tablet.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:56 am

No, I don't know anyone with an Android tablet. Have you tested your apps for compatibility with Samsung tablets? What devices have you successfully completed compatibility tests on? You need to test for compatibility on tablets with an OEM stylus. I have to actually beat on my screen with my stylus and my finger far too often to get your products to accept my commands. Many others have complained about these same issues in this forum. Honestly, I don't think these issues are device specific. I am trying to help you because I have a lot of faith in your company and your products have a lot of potential.

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:23 am

Please test the full functionality your HD apps on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. It is a 10" tablet that comes with an OEM S pen (stylus), and it uses the Android 6.x OS. If your apps are fully functional on this tablet I will purchase one if you think it is my device that is causing all my problems. I need you to thoroughly test your apps on this device so you can assure me that your apps will be fully functional.

Return to “PlanMaker HD”