Date formats to/from Excel

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bsbd

Date formats to/from Excel

Post by bsbd » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:36 am

I just noticed that PlanMaker HD doesn't properly read the date format from an Excel file. Being located in the USA, all my date cells are formatted to use the "English (United States)" locale (location) and "3/14/2012" type (MM/DD/YYYY). Opening the same file in PlanMaker HD, it reads the format of those cells as German (Germany) Language and DD/MM/YYYY Format.

If I save that file with PlanMaker HD in the .xls format and open it back up in Excel, the format in unedited date cells has changed from a Date format type to a "Custom" dd/mm/yyyy format type.

I formatted one cell in PlanMaker to the USA date format, and Excel read that as "Carribean".

Levente

Re: Date formats to/from Excel

Post by Levente » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:32 pm

I do have the same problem: viewtopic.php?f=250&t=15048&p=51612#p51612

bsbd

Re: Date formats to/from Excel

Post by bsbd » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:46 pm

You're right, it looks you reported basically the same issue just a few hours before I did. Sometimes I'll check through the forums for other versions of PlanMaker before starting a new thread here, but in this case I didn't.

I won't pretend to know anything about how the .xls import/export process works, but it's acting as if PlanMaker hasn't defined the translation rules for date format metadata.

-bsbd

Return to “PlanMaker HD”