Does Not Permit Paste Passsword Command

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

AJ_

Does Not Permit Paste Passsword Command

Postby AJ_ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:29 am

Textmaker HD does not permit pasting the file password for file protection. Planmaker HD has always worked just fine. Why all the dysfunction between your products? The only way I can paste my password is to switch to the stock Samsung Keyboard and paste from the clipboard function. Now I have to use the Hacker Keyboard to add a line within a cell, the stock Samsung Keyboard to paste passwords and my Swype keyboard since it is my daily keyboard due to its swipe functionality. Why do I have to use 3 keyboards to use your products? Don't you think this is as ridiculous as I do? Please fix this ASAP and add a readily accessible button to add lines within cells so the Hacker Keyboard can be avoided. Please support your products!

AJ_

Re: Does Not Permit Paste Passsword Command

Postby AJ_ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 am

Please respond!
I need to be able to readily access my files!
This needs fixed now!
It's absolutely unheard of that I cannot paste a password into the password window!
Don't any of you use your own products?
How is it that I am finding all of these bugs/issues?
This is the same crap that I dealt with, with your 2012 versions! It's like all your apps are intentionally screwed up! Does Microsoft Office own you?
This problem needs fixed immediately and integrated into next week's update. Please expedite this to your developers!

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:30 am

Am I understanding this correctly that you can type in a password but not paste it?

Usually, you should not be allowed to paste passwords because there is a certain security risk involved. Imagine setting a password and pasting the wrong password twice, in the original and the confirmation edit field. Then you'll never be able to open your file again.

Or did I get you wrong?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:12 am

I have been using a password manager and pasting my passwords for years. I honestly can't imagine anyone actually typing their passwords anymore. I use 100 character passwords for my Planmaker files. Can you imagine typing a hundred character password every time I want to open my files? I have never not been able to paste a password in any password window in any app for the last decade except for TextMaker HD. I can paste 100 character passwords into Planmaker HD, why not TextMaker HD? Also, why the 15 character password limitation in TextMaker HD? Are you trying to make it easy to open our encrypted files? People, including myself, now use online cloud storage. We now need very strong encryption coupled with very strong passwords to protect our data. It is essential.

Yes, you got that wrong. That is actually impossible if only using the paste command.

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:50 pm

I just installed the update released today. This issue was not fixed. Please move this issue to the very top of your to do list. It is absolutely critical for those of us that use file protection. Thank you.

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:10 am

Will you please escalate this? It is ridiculous to have to switch keyboards just to paste a password. Planmaker has always worked fine. You may me able to examine the code in Planmaker and then just make TextMaker work the same way. Possibly an easy fix. Will you please escalate this?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Tested with TextMaker HD rev.767.0623.ac on a Nexus 10 tablet with Android 5.1.1 and Hacker's Keyboard

1. Open TextMaker with a blank, new sheet
2. Type test
3. Select text (double tap on the word
4. Press CTRL+C to copy
5. Invoke File=>Properties=>Protection and tap into the field for the read password
6. Press CRTL+V to paste the password
=>Works properly
7. Confirm the password
8. Save the file
9. Close the file
10. Open the file again
11. Tap into the field for the password and press CTRL+V
=>Again, it pastes the password
12. Press "OK"
=>Now the read protected file opens.

In other words: I cannot reproduce your problem.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:58 pm

It's ridiculous to have to switch back and forth between keyboards to use your products. Planmaker works perfectly fine with a normal keyboard and functions just like any other app would function. Just make TextMaker HD function like Planmaker HD. Using the Hacker keyboard is not a solution. It is a work around and unacceptable as a permanent solution. .

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:44 am

AJ_, this is not the point. We gave step-by-step instructions showing that it works. Now it's your turn to give step-by-step instructions how it doesn't work on your side, using whatever keyboard you want.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:30 am

Sorry, I misunderstood.
I open my password protected TextMaker HD file, and the password window opens
I switch the screen to my LastPass password manager and copy my password
I go back to the TextMaker HD screen and try to paste my password into the password field/window, but the paste function/command is grayed out and not accessible. This is using the Swype keyboard.
When I follow the exact same procedure with Planmaker HD the paste function is not grayed out and I am able to easily paste my password into the password field/window. Additionally, this works with all my apps I have ever used, except for TextMaker HD. This is also with the Swype keyboard.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:22 am

AJ_ wrote:Sorry, I misunderstood.
I open my password protected TextMaker HD file, and the password window opens
I switch the screen to my LastPass password manager and copy my password
I go back to the TextMaker HD screen and try to paste my password into the password field/window, but the paste function/command is grayed out and not accessible. This is using the Swype keyboard.
When I follow the exact same procedure with Planmaker HD the paste function is not grayed out and I am able to easily paste my password into the password field/window. Additionally, this works with all my apps I have ever used, except for TextMaker HD. This is also with the Swype keyboard.

So if you swich to another keyboard (e.g. Hacker's Keyboard) the paste field is not greyed out in TextMaker?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:00 pm

No, it is grayed out using all keyboards; therefore, the paste command/function is inoperative using all keyboards.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:54 pm

I do not use this password manager and don't know in which format it copies passwords into the clipboard but I could properly copy passwords from a textfile (from another text editor) and paste them into the password field in TextMaker.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:22 am

I just did the same thing and it did not work.
That does not seem possible. Could you please test these apps on a Samsung Galaxy Note and/or the Samsung Galaxy Tab? They are the only tablets worth using since they have screens specifically adapted to their integrated/OEM stylus. If you don't have/cannot get the hardware you should be able to perform reasonable compatibility tests using the virtual devices. Your apps have a lot of potential but they are so dysfunctional they are nearly unusable. It takes a lot of patience to use them since you have to develop a multitude of workarounds for all the abnormalities.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Which device exactly (device ID) are you using?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker HD”