Only Accepts 15 Character Password for File Protection

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

AJ_

Only Accepts 15 Character Password for File Protection

Postby AJ_ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:16 am

Why do you limit file password protection to 15 characters? The minimum U.S. government standard for passwords is 18 characters. Why the limitation? Are you trying to make it easy for malicious attackers to access our files?

I am able to use 100 character passwords with Planmaker HD. Please remove the password character limitation in Textmaker HD so we can use the same passwords as Planmaker HD.
Last edited by AJ_ on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Only Accepts 15 Character Password for File Protection!

Postby sven-l » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:13 am

In TextMaker Windows you can use more than 15 characters for the password but not in the Android version. I will report this to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Re: Only Accepts 15 Character Password for File Protection

Postby AJ_ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:07 am

Thank you sven-l!

Actually, I am using the newest Windows version of TextMaker, and it also only permits 15 characters as well. I will reverify and get back to you if that is not the case.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 am

The problem is that TextMaker files (.tmd files) do not support passwords with more than 15 characters. If you save in MS Word file format (.docx) you can use longer passwords.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 am

Yes, you are correct, but since no Softmaker products will work with Google Drive right now I had to switch them all to .tmd to place on OneDrive. You cannot put/use .xlsx/.docx files on OneDrive or they open in the Microsoft web versions. Softmaker will not open them. That is one of the many reasons I hate OneDrive. They want to completely control the user. To be honest though, these are the kinds of fiascos I have always had to deal with Softmaker products (even more so with the 2012 versions). For some reason your programmers have never been able to thoroughly test/debug your products. That is why I have taken such an active role in your forum. I am hoping that if I debug your product's issues that hopefully you will fix them. Does that sound like a plan? I am trying to be loyal to your products, but some actual bug fixes on your end would go a long way towards motivating me. Right now, the most aggravating issue is the lackadaisical screen response of all your products. They are nearly completely oblivious to the user's inputs on the touchscreen. Just getting the keyboard to pop up in Textmaker nearly takes an act of God. I and others have already reported these issues, but it appears that nothing has been done about them. Having apps completely ignore your screen responses was always unheard of in the past, until my discovery of Softmaker products. It is extremely aggravating to have an app completely ignore your inputs. Please make this your top priority in the future. I don't understand how you expect to keep/grow your customer base when they have to deal with this kind of crap.

Return to “TextMaker HD”