"File Format not Supported" / saving problem

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Whistlejaket

"File Format not Supported" / saving problem

Post by Whistlejaket » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi there,

I downloaded the trial version of TextMakerHD for my LG android tablet. Everything was going great; loved the functionality. I was editing a .docx file from work on it for about 2 weeks. After every editing session, I hit the "Save" icon. (After the first edit, I used "Save as" to change the file name.) I had no trouble opening the document up each morning and continuing to work on my commute. But yesterday morning, I tried to open the file (which is saved in the Device Memory of the tablet) and I got a prompt in TextMaker that said "file format not supported". It wouldn't even preview the document in the background; it simply could not open the file which I had been using for two weeks.

I then emailed the same file from my tablet to my desktop (Windows), and Microsoft Word couldn't open it either. I got this prompt: "The file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents."

Please help! I really hope I haven't lost two weeks of work....

Thank you!
Grace

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: "File Format not Supported" / saving problem

Post by sven-l » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:00 am

Could you please send us the file to support(at)softmaker.de? We could try to repair it.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker HD”