Multilevel cascading outlines don't work

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bobdanker

Multilevel cascading outlines don't work

Postby bobdanker » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:52 pm

I work a lot with multilevel cascading outlines like this:

Level 1 -- roman numeral
Level 2 -- capital letter
Level 3 -- arabic number
Level 4 -- small letter
Level 5 -- arabic number in parentheses
Level 6 -- small letter in parentheses

In this kind of outline, the letter or number that defines the text at each level lines up with the beginning of the text at the previous level (for some reason, I could not portray this kind of cascading effect in this forum post).

Microsoft word has a beautiful facility for creating multilevel cascading outlines, but TextMaker seems to have no such facility. If I open an outline in TM that was created in Word, the levels appear badly misaligned. It would be great to see TM for any platform handle well this useful feature in Word.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Multilevel cascading outlines don't work

Postby sven-l » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:55 pm

bobdanker wrote: If I open an outline in TM that was created in Word, the levels appear badly misaligned.

Could you please send us such a sample to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to that thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bobdanker

Postby bobdanker » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:34 am

Attached is a file with its corresponding document template. These files were set up for use in MS Word. I use Word 2010. Your competitors (WPS Office, OfficeSuite Pro, AndrOpen Office) open the outline with the cascading levels shown correctly. Of course, the great lack with these competing programs is that it is difficult if not impossible to add fonts to use with them, but the font facility with TM is excellent.

I reported this issue a couple of years ago related to the old TextMaker (before HD), and your developer confirmed that the same problem was present in the Windows version of TM (then 2012). Now the TM version for Windows is 2016. I have not looked at it to see whether the facility in MS Word to handle cascading outlines has been incorporated into TM 2016.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Cascading Outline Sample File.doc
(31.5 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
OUTLINE_T.DOT
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:19 am

I can reproduce that issue and reported it to our developers. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker HD”