Tables

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

softie1

Tables

Postby softie1 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:31 pm

I created a table with two columns. Initially, both columns had the same width. I wanted the left-hand column to be much smaller than the right-hand one but couldn't figure out a way to make it so. I kept trying to drag the separating line to the left as in the desktop version but no luck. I do not use a mouse but my my finger. I found no settings to dialogue to achieve what I wanted. What should I have done?

After this failure I wanted to get rid of the table but this turned out to be as tricky... I finally made it but had to try so many options that I just can't remember what did the trick. (The desktop version is as unfriendly here, by the way.)

Also, I so often accidentally highlighted individual table cells when trying to place the cursor inside a cell and could not turn off the highlight that I found no other option than to close the document and reopen it. Not good.

Actually, this table thing got me rather frustrated...

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Tables

Postby sven-l » Fri May 08, 2015 12:11 pm

To change the column width in an TextMaker table you first have to select the whole column. You can do that with the blue selectors, which appear when you tap into a table cell. Once you have selected the column, long tap on the selected area and open the cell properties. Here you can change the width (percentage of the whole table). All selected cells will be changed.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker HD”