Dictionary Missing Common Words

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Artisticalexis

Dictionary Missing Common Words

Postby Artisticalexis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:11 pm

First off, I want to say I absolutely love your TextMaker Android apps, and can't thank you enough for making such amazing products that have allowed me to write almost an entire novel on my Samsung Galaxy Note tablets, like I was writing in an old school notebook, just with spell check and readable penmanship. I also want to say thank you for creating a word processing app that includes a thesaurus. It's a tool I had been missing from desktop versions. It's so nice to not have to waste time opening another app just to look for synonyms.

The only odd thing that I have noticed while using your word apps, both mobile and HD, is that the English dictionaries (UK and US) are missing some very common words. I can't remember what they all are off the top of my head, but I thought I should write finally after just being told that "Program" and "Internet" aren't in the dictionary. I know there are more that I'm forgetting at the moment, but remember similar experiences over the last two years, wondering why the app is telling me that these are not words. Of course I can simply add them to my personal dictionary, but I thought I should let you know about it in hopes of making an already awesome app even more amazing!

Does anyone else keep experiencing common words coming up as misspelled, and not in the two English dictionaries? Is there something I'm missing here, and they shouldn't be in them?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Dictionary Missing Common Words

Postby sven-l » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:36 am

Please make sure to use Enghlish (US) and not English (UK) in Tools=>Options=>Language as "Program" is only correct in US English but not in British English. I will report to our developers to add "Internet" to the dictionaries. IF you find more unknown but common words, you can send them to us to support(at)softmaker.de and we will add them.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

softie1

Re: Dictionary Missing Common Words

Postby softie1 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:17 pm

This is not true. While US English does not know "programme" in UK English both spellings exist. There is a TV programme but computer programs.

Return to “TextMaker HD”