Bug: Compatibility with 3rd party file explorer [SOLVED]

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Hefaistos

Bug: Compatibility with 3rd party file explorer [SOLVED]

Post by Hefaistos » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:02 pm

When I tap .doc file in ES File Explorer and select to open it in TextMaker HD, the file is empty.
If I use command "Open" in TextMaker HD, the file is open properly.

EDIT: After purchasing full version it is fine.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Bug: Compatibility with 3rd party file explorer [SOLVED]

Post by Jim-J » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Hefaistos wrote:When I tap .doc file in ES File Explorer and select to open it in TextMaker HD, the file is empty.
If I use command "Open" in TextMaker HD, the file is open properly.

EDIT: After purchasing full version it is fine.
Thanks for the update.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

rich_r

Post by rich_r » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:34 pm

I have a NVidia Shield Table running Android 5.0 Lollipop and have the same reported problem even with the purchased version. When I select a Word (docx) file from a file manager (Root Explorer but I am not rooted) then TextMaker HD opens but no file unless I open it from the File menu. Do you have any suggestions?

Hefaistos

Post by Hefaistos » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:02 am

Have you installed last update (7th December)?

Painter

Post by Painter » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Please advise where to find this update or kindly post a link. I bought Textmaker (full version) at the end of January so shouldn't it already contain the December 7 update? I cannot open a TextMaker document from any file explorer - only T-M opens, but you still have to choose "Open File" from the File menu. The file should open automatically - and open to the last edited position. Thanks!

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by Jim-J » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Painter wrote:Please advise where to find this update or kindly post a link. I bought Textmaker (full version) at the end of January so shouldn't it already contain the December 7 update? I cannot open a TextMaker document from any file explorer - only T-M opens, but you still have to choose "Open File" from the File menu. The file should open automatically - and open to the last edited position. Thanks!
Hello,

can you send us the sminfo.txt (Help->About->Write System Information)?

Which File Manager is installed?
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Painter

Post by Painter » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:38 pm

Hello,

I have ES File Explorer and of course the Android My Files. I even tried uninstalling my TextMaker HD Basic-upgraded-to-full (still showed "Basic" icon - please fix) and for another $5.49 installed the full Textmaker HD, but a file will still not open directly through ES File Explorer or My Files.
Attached please find the sminfo file.
The newly-installed Textmaker HD is Rev 749, December 4. I have been unable to find any December 7 version. Also, there is no option in Textmaker HD "Tools" to Check for Upgrade.

Thank you very much for your help!
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(38.46 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by Jim-J » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Hello,

thank you for the sminfo.txt.

I couldn't find anything suspicious. I installed SoftMaker Office HD on my Samsung Note 3 with Android 5.0. I was able to open all files directly with the ES Explorer. See the screenshot.

Maybe resetting the device to factory settings could solve this issue?

The latest version was created on December 4th, but released on the 7th. There is no newer revision available.

Basic HD remains the same version, even when it's unlocked. Then it's a unlocked Basic HD that's identical to the regular SoftMaker HD version.This is not a bug.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker HD”