Gemini PDA/Arrows Issue

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Jake

Gemini PDA/Arrows Issue

Post by Jake » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 pm

TM HD and TM Mobile both work well on the new Gemini PDA except for a peculiar problem: all physical keyboard arrow keys move two spaces instead of one. Left/Right arrows move two characters, and Up/Down arrows move two lines instead of one.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,
Jake

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Gemini PDA/Arrows Issue

Post by sven-l » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:36 pm

No, there is unfortunately no solution for this issue.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

jrothberger

Post by jrothberger » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Hmm, weired. On my Lenovo YogaBook cursor keys work quite well in Textmaker HD jumping only one letter/ one line. On Gemini PDA, however, the cursor jumps two letters/ two lines if used for navigating or to mark text (with SHIFT). Jumping wordwise (with CTRL) on the other hand works as expected. Bad luck since typing is so much better on Gemini PDA...

Jake

Post by Jake » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:51 pm

I agree it's a shame since I find TM HD works very well on the Gemini in most other aspects. I wonder if SM developers will ever get to the bottom of the issue.

Have you tried Granular Immersive Mode on the Playstore? You finish its installation by sending one adb command (or one terminal command if you're root), which permanently gives you to ability to hide status bar and nav bars, choosing app by app.

The result for TM is great. Tons of screen real estate and no stability problems. Works well with Word too.

Return to “TextMaker HD”