Working offline

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker HD for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

seasidepb

Working offline

Post by seasidepb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:33 am

I've said something about this before, but having just lost another chunk of text I want to say it again.

It may well be a problem with Dropbox on Android rather than SMO but I've found saving directly to Dropbox very unreliable. This evening I tried to export a file to PDF which I had saved repeatedly to Dropbox while creating it (and with an apparently working internet connection). Textmaker crashed and when I tried to reopen the file it had reverted to a version I'd created over an hour before,.

I've found all the cloud services to be unreliable on Android. Dropbox allows you to save files for offline use as a "favorite" but it just doesn't work properly, in any app: try to open a file offline and you'll be told that you still need aninternet connection. I've come to the conclusion that the only way to work reliably on the move is to open a file when connected, save it locally with a different name, work on it locally until you're back with a reliable connection and want to work on another machine and only then overwrite the cloud file. I'd be interested to know if others have had similar experiences.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Working offline

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:47 am

seasidepb wrote:I've said something about this before, but having just lost another chunk of text I want to say it again.

It may well be a problem with Dropbox on Android rather than SMO but I've found saving directly to Dropbox very unreliable. This evening I tried to export a file to PDF which I had saved repeatedly to Dropbox while creating it (and with an apparently working internet connection). Textmaker crashed and when I tried to reopen the file it had reverted to a version I'd created over an hour before.
Does the crash occur with every file your try to export to PDF and save directly into Dropbox?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office HD for Android (General)”