Overwrite or Insert mode

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker HD for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

RobW

Overwrite or Insert mode

Post by RobW » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:41 pm

In Presentations HD, switching between overwrite or insert mode is flawless by using the button in the status bar (switch between Ovr and Ins).
In Planmaker, the same button is present but does not work: insert mode is used despite setting the mode to Ovr.
In Textmaker, the button is present (between Chapter and Language) but empty (not showing text), and using it does not change the mode which is always insert.

Because a keyboard Insert key does not exist on my bluetooth keyboard or on the onboard keyboard, there is no way for me to switch to overwrite mode in Textmaker or Planmaker. Not a big problem, but it would be useful if it works on these two programmes as it does in Presentations.

Apart from these small problems: excellent apps, for the first time I can really use my tablet as a laptop substitute for work when travelling abroad!

Keep up the good work.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Overwrite or Insert mode

Post by sven-l » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:48 pm

RobW wrote:In Presentations HD, switching between overwrite or insert mode is flawless by using the button in the status bar (switch between Ovr and Ins).
In Planmaker, the same button is present but does not work: insert mode is used despite setting the mode to Ovr.
For me the Ovr mode works properly in PlanMaker. Which revision (Tools=>About) are you using?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:51 pm

RobW wrote: In Textmaker, the button is present (between Chapter and Language) but empty (not showing text), and using it does not change the mode which is always insert.
For me the icon is not available at all. I will inform the developers. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RobW

Post by RobW » Wed May 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Regarding the question about the version of Planmaker: Planmaker 2016 (rev 719.0203.gs)

RobW

Post by RobW » Wed May 13, 2015 5:38 pm

In Planmaker it does work when standing directly in a cell (on first inserting data in that field). I had tested it in the input field of the Edit toolbar (when for example correcting an entry, you normally use that field), there it does not work.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri May 15, 2015 8:37 am

I can confirm the problem in the edit toolbar in PlanMaker.

In TextMaker there should be no ins/ovr by default in the status bar. Please reset your settings and see if the (invisible) button is still there. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RobW

Post by RobW » Tue May 19, 2015 4:26 pm

My apologies, in Textmaker the button in visible when changing the Dialog style in Options to Windows 8, not in the default Standard (light) theme. The same as it is in Planmaker by the way...

I can understand the argument that no button should be visible at all in Textmaker, and that the fault lies in the theme used. However, I think it is very strange that the option overwrite/insert is present in Planmaker and in Presentations, and (apparently) not in Textmaker. I think that option is most commenly used in a word processing app, more so than in a spreadsheet or presentation app....

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by Jim-J » Tue May 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Our developers are already informed about this issue.

The overwrite/insert button should be placed be default in TextMaker.

Thank you.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RobW

Post by RobW » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Unfortunately, in the latest version of TextMaker, downloaded yesterday, still this button is missing....

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:52 am

The developers are still working on the problem. I will inform you here as soon as there is a solution available.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RobW

Post by RobW » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Also in latest version (749.1202.gs) no change....is this issue still under consideration?

Best, RobW

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Yes, the developers are still working on a solution. I will inform you as soon as we have any news.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RobW

Post by RobW » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:54 am

Again, no change in latest version 752.0228.gs....is it still under the wings of the developers?

RobW

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by Jim-J » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Hello,

I informed the developers about your request.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RobW

Post by RobW » Wed May 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Just updated to version 757.0510.gs. Still, no solution to the indicated problems. A lot of new versions have appeared since I first mentioned this small but annoying problem...I get the feeling that this issue is being ignored.....
RobW

Return to “SoftMaker Office HD for Android (General)”