Opening files from cloud storage app Tresorit

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker HD for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Jonathan B.

Opening files from cloud storage app Tresorit

Post by Jonathan B. » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:33 pm

I am using a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, Android 4.4.4 with trial versions of TextMaker HD, PlanMaker HD, and Presentations HD. I also use the current Android version of Tresorit, a secure cloud storage alternative, to access my saved files. The trouble is that when I attempt to open an office document from the Tresorit app, the selected Softmaker app opens, but the file itself (the intended document) does not automatically open in TextMaker HD, PlanMaker HD, or Presentations HD.

This does not appear to be a problem with the Tresorit app itself, as I can open the same office documents directly from Tresorit into Polaris Office 5, Adobe Reader, etc.

Also, as a suggestion, in the file menu where I have the option of opening documents directly from DropBox, OneDrive, etc., it would be nice if I could designate a favorite folder or folders to regularly open from (for example a "My Documents" folder on my Android device) and add additional cloud services I use or hide the cloud services I don't ever use like Evernote.

Thanks for looking into this.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Opening files from cloud storage app Tresorit

Post by sven-l » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Currently only Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote and Microsoft OneDrive are supported. The support of more cloud services and third-party-apps is on the agenda for the future.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Mark Davies

Re: Opening files from cloud storage app Tresorit

Post by Mark Davies » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:30 am

I like the suggestion of being able to hide cloud storage that you don't use. I'd also like to see Copy.com supported, as it runs well on Linux systems (it has an ARM version that is very useful for me).
Mark Davies

Return to “SoftMaker Office HD for Android (General)”