Registration Window Will Not Stop

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker HD for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

AJ_

Registration Window Will Not Stop

Postby AJ_ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:16 pm

I registered Planmaker HD and TextMaker HD immediately upon use using the link in the menu. I tried using the window that opens automatically but it failed every time tried. This is an obvious big that you need to fix ASAP. When I was finally able to register through the menu the registration option disappeared from the menu. Both apps are obviously registered. The main problem is that the registration window reopens nearly every time I try to use either app. Will you please fix this very soon? It's extremely annoying to have it pop up nearly every time I open either app. You really need to hire some more people to get a handle on all these bugs. They are out of control, similar to when I was using the 2012 versions of your products. Most bugs are never fixed and the ones that are take years. Please support your products and consider hiring some more people.

AJ_

Re: Registration Window Will Not Stop

Postby AJ_ » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:27 am

Please stop the registration windows from popping up. I have already registered all my Softmaker products! Do you expect your users to reregister your products every time we use them! Are you working this? Are you ever going to work this? This is flipping ridiculous!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 am

Does it mean the registration dialog pops up on (almost) every start of PlanMaker or TextMaker HD? I could not reproduce that issue here on different devices.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:48 am

Yes, nearly every time. The problem is that it pops up at all. I am absolutely sure that the code will prove my point. It is obviously set to continue popping up even after your customers register their apps. I already registered both apps so I should never see the registration window again. Don't you agree? It annoys your users and serves no purpose. Why would you want to annoy your customers/users?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:30 am

Please delete the application data in the app settings. Does that help?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm

That does not help. I also tried removing/reinstalling/reregistering. Both apps are obviously programmed to do it. Your programmer is going to have to program them not to do it after the user registers.

Also, even if you try to register using the pop-up window, it fails every single time so the pop-up window is completely useless anyway. It is nothing but an annoyance.

Are you seriously telling me that you cannot reproduce any of this this?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:12 pm

AJ_ wrote:
Are you seriously telling me that you cannot reproduce any of this this?

Yes, we tried it on all our devices and no other customers are reporting this issue. No one here can reproduce it. Seriously.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:09 am

That does not seem possible. Could you please test these apps on a Samsung Galaxy Note and/or the Samsung Galaxy Tab? They are the only tablets worth using since they have screens specifically adapted to their integrated/OEM stylus. If you don't have/cannot get the hardware you should be able to perform reasonable compatibility tests using the virtual devices. Your apps have a lot of potential but they are so dysfunctional they are nearly unusable. It takes a lot of patience to use them since you have to develop workarounds for all the abnormalities.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:02 am

We have tested this on other Samsung Galaxy devices. As soon as there are more customers (even just one!) complaining about those issues with the same device that you use, we will purchase them and investigate these issues. So far this this happens only on your device.

If you want, we can send you a refund. Please send a short e-mail to sales(at)softmaker.de. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 pm

That's crazy. It does it to me all day every day using all Planmaker HD and TextMaker HD. There is no way this problem is device specific. If you are refusing to support my devices and your products then so be it. I am telling you about the shortcomings with your products to help you. Do you think that I don't have anything better to do than write post after post after post describing all of your products shortcomings? I have used your products for 5 years on multiple devices, and I have always had multitudes upon multitudes of problems. That is why I am trying to help you improve your products.

Return to “SoftMaker Office HD for Android (General)”