Downloads not offering Softmaker Office as an opening option

As the public beta test has finished, this forum will be closed soon. Please post to the full version's forums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

gmm

Downloads not offering Softmaker Office as an opening option

Postby gmm » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:55 am

I have a Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4. Normally if I download an external file I am then offered different applications to with which to open the file. I appear to have successfully downloaded Beta Software Office but this does not appear as an option to open these downloaded files. Any suggestions?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Downloads not offering Softmaker Office as an opening op

Postby sven-l » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Well, normally you download or copy the apk files to your Android device, browse with your file explorer to the folder with the apk files and tap on them to start the installation. No need to open these files.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

gmm

Postby gmm » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 pm

When I tap on one of the downloaded files I then see a window with the title 'complete action using' and underneath this title is a list of applications I can use. However the new software office icons do not appear in this list.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Either your apk files are corrupt (not downloaded or copied completely) or there is another problem (maybe with your file explorer?) that prevents you from installing the files. Sorry, but no other customers are reporting such problems, so it must be something on your side.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”