UI Sizing

As the public beta test has finished, this forum will be closed soon. Please post to the full version's forums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

gadgetjones

UI Sizing

Postby gadgetjones » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Samsung SGH-I717 Galaxy Note phone, 1st generation. Android v. 4.1.2

I agree with what at least one other beta tester has said. It would be very useful to be able to scale the UI with a custom entry (ie by percentage), than just Large, Small, Extra Small, etc.

With the myriad of different screen sizes and resolutions in existence it would be most useful to be able to scale the UI to the capabilities of device being used, as well as the user's eyesight, beyond the few available settings provided.

Thank you!

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: UI Sizing

Postby martin-k » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:53 pm

You can change the control sizes in the steps provided (no additional steps are possible, we cannot provide even more bitmapped icon sets), plus you can change the font size in relation to the control size. The available range is what is possible with our dialog manager.

Please note that the number of available icon sets depends on the screen resolution of the specific device.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

gadgetjones

Postby gadgetjones » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Martin.

Don't get me wrong, I very, very much like this version. I will be extremely gratified to be able to use it on a daily basis when you are able to publish the general release.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:17 pm

No worries, I just wanted to list the technical limitations of this feature.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”