Can't move cursor and other issues

As the public beta test has finished, this forum will be closed soon. Please post to the full version's forums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bobdanker

Can't move cursor and other issues

Postby bobdanker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Positive comment: I like the app very much. It has great promise. It runs fast and is well laid out. Your office suite may be the one that makes Android a viable system for serious office productivity.

In using TextMaker Beta, I have found one very serious bug: the cursor does not move when the screen is tapped or by a mouse click. This renders the software completely unusable. It seems to me that a Beta should be more developed than this.

Other issues:

1. The Beta does not use fonts in the fonts folder that were not installed by the Beta installer.

2. Bullets and Numbering still does not work for hierarchical outlines (this appears to be true of the Windows desktop version of the software also--see my post in the regular TextMaker for Android forum). This is apparently not a bug but a feature that is just not developed yet.

I am running the Beta software on the following system:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch
16 GB storage
Android 4.4.2
1.5 GB RAM

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can't move cursor and other issues

Postby Jim-J » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Hello,

The problem is that the Samsung Tab3 is based on a Intel Atom x86 CPU that works with an ARM converter. Android program like our SoftMaker Office is based the ARM Code. This converter causes a lot of problems.
Unfortunately, only the company that programmed the converter, usually the manufacturer (Samsung) of the device can fix the problem. We don't have a chance to do any thing. All you can do is wait for a firmware update.

I just checked if new fonts work correctly. They do. You don't have to install a new font. Just copy it to softmaker/fonts. Restart TextMaker and the new font is in the fonts dialog list.

Can you sent a sample to forum(at)softmaker.de for the bullet and numbering problem?
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”