UI

As the public beta test has finished, this forum will be closed soon. Please post to the full version's forums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

seasidepb

UI

Postby seasidepb » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:40 pm

I have to say the UI is disappointing. For people familiar with the desktop application it's not too difficult to customise, but even then, on a seven inch screen the controls are at the very limits of usability with touch. The way things like scrolling work on the existing app are far better suited to the touch environment then simply transplanting what already looks dated on a PC to the different design cues of Android. It is more powerful than the current app, and I particularly love the introduction of tabbed browsing, but in most respects the existing app UI is more usable with touch, at least on a smaller tablet.
This stands in frustrating contrast to the UI on the WPS (Kingsoft) Android app - which is far less powerful than Textmaker, but in terms of design feels fresher and nicer to use. I say all this as constructive criticism. I believe Softmaker's Android apps are the best on the market but with a better UI I think they'd be much more famous. On smaller tablets the current UI is better than the HD one.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: UI

Postby Jim-J » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Thank you for you suggestion.

Our developers are working on it to improve the usability of the UI.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”