General instability

As the public beta test has finished, this forum will be closed soon. Please post to the full version's forums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

seasidepb

General instability

Post by seasidepb » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:35 pm

I’m using a first generation Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4, paired over Bluetooth with a Microsoft Wedge keyboard. I’m also using the External Keyboard Pro app to manage the connection.
Compared to most betas I've ever tried this seems fairly unstable (I've only used the Textmaker app so far). It crashes quite often (though it's always managed to retrieve what I was working on). There are small but erratic things: quite often when you use touch to move the cursor to a new insertion point (so it’s blinking at that insertion point) but then start to type, the insertion point moves back to its previous position. I realise this may be difficult to replicate, but it is irritating.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: General instability

Post by Jim-J » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:38 pm

seasidepb wrote:I’m using a first generation Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4, paired over Bluetooth with a Microsoft Wedge keyboard. I’m also using the External Keyboard Pro app to manage the connection.
Compared to most betas I've ever tried this seems fairly unstable (I've only used the Textmaker app so far). It crashes quite often (though it's always managed to retrieve what I was working on). There are small but erratic things: quite often when you use touch to move the cursor to a new insertion point (so it’s blinking at that insertion point) but then start to type, the insertion point moves back to its previous position. I realise this may be difficult to replicate, but it is irritating.

Hello,

Unfortunately there is a known problem with the Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4. Our developers are working on it. We are hopeful that a work-around will be implemented in the next beta.
Please check on the next beta release.

Thank you.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”