Bug Report - or actually absence thereof.

As the public beta test has finished, this forum will be closed soon. Please post to the full version's forums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Rich Hawley

Bug Report - or actually absence thereof.

Post by Rich Hawley » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:00 pm

I have spent the last few days opening every text file in every format that I have ever written and saved. Predominantly they were written on HPC and PocketPC devices using various versions of Microsoft Office. But many of them were also created using Textmaker 2002 through TMv10.

I have manipulated the text, the graphics, saved them and then reopened them on my desktop computer. The documents appear identical on all devices without aberrant changes. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to find or create an error. Kudos to your development team!

The only problem I've had so far is when opening a .doc file with a large embedded image in it...one where I am taxing the available memory of my Android device to the limit. Then it will eventually hang while trying to load the image. And there is no method to cancel the action once it has started loading.

Probably this a device limitation, as it only happens with graphic intensive doc files.

I am using a Kindle 7" fire with 8gb of memory using Android 4.4.2 via the N2A installer which completely deletes the Kindle custom OS and installs a complete rooted Android in its place.

I only wish that Android would be developed to the point wherein it supported printer drives such as an x86 Windows machine, then printing would be so much easier.

However, saving the file as a .PDF works for my purposes, allowing me to use one of the many free printing utilities to print to my wifi enabled printer.

I will keep investigating and trying to find a bug that I might report, but I estimate that so far I have spent in excess of 30 hours and have nothing to report. :)

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Bug Report - or actually absence thereof.

Post by sven-l » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Thank you for your feedback! Could you please send us that file, which makes TexTMaker hang on your device to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to that thread?

Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Rich Hawley

Re: Bug Report - or actually absence thereof.

Post by Rich Hawley » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Unnecessary, it was a problem with available memory on my Kindle...opened it just fine on Nexus 7.

Return to “General”