External keyboards

As the public beta test has finished, this forum will be closed soon. Please post to the full version's forums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Keyboardinator

External keyboards

Postby Keyboardinator » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Android 4.2.2, external keyboard (Onext BK-200)

So far, I had problems (both with TM and PM) only when using external keyboard. Do any hardware requirements exist in this respect? A big keyboard is certainly useful when you are doing serious work with texts, but I'm not sure I will be able to purchase another one, especially since it worked quite properly with Polaris Office (bundled with my device).

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: External keyboards

Postby sven-l » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:45 am

No, there are no specific hardware requirements as long as the keyboard works properly with the Android device. We referred your problems to the developers. Please try again with the next beta version as soon as it is available.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

jjuanmera

Postby jjuanmera » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:52 am

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 android 4.2.2.

I tried to write with an external keyboard (actually I'm using it right now) and do not work at all. Sometimes the software crash, and other times nothing happnes.

AndreasR

Postby AndreasR » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm using the Motorola Bluetooth keyboard in conjunction with the keyboard IME "External keyboard helper Pro" (paid), and can not notice by now any flaws. All special characters with normally can cause trouble are working out of the box.

IMHO external keyboard issues arise if not managing the device and IME properly, and I found only me app mentioned above to work 100%, if configured to your needs.

[edit]
I did not test the function keys. Right now it seems that I can not trigger shortcuts with the F1-F12 keys, only "normal" shortcuts with CTRL-xxx.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby Jim-J » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Keyboardinator wrote:Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Android 4.2.2, external keyboard (Onext BK-200)

So far, I had problems (both with TM and PM) only when using external keyboard. Do any hardware requirements exist in this respect? A big keyboard is certainly useful when you are doing serious work with texts, but I'm not sure I will be able to purchase another one, especially since it worked quite properly with Polaris Office (bundled with my device).

Hello,

can you tell us more what problems you have had?
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby Jim-J » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:32 pm

I referred our developer team about this issue, but a little more information would help a lot.

If any users have problems with external bluetooth keyboard, please report them here.

Thank you.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby Jim-J » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:32 am

Hello,

the developers are asking for more specific information about this issue.

1. Which type of keyboard is in use (brand, model number)?
2. What exactly happens (a step-by-step explanation)?
3. Which device and Android version?
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Keyboardinator

Postby Keyboardinator » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:17 pm

Jim-J wrote:Hello,

I've pasted the relevant complaints in the threads on TM and PM. Just in case, what I use is:

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby Jim-J » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Keyboardinator wrote:

I've pasted the relevant complaints in the threads on TM and PM. Just in case, what I use is:

Hello,

your wrote about "general" problems with the keyboard as far as I can tell.
What I need is a specific bug report, so we have at least a chance to reproduce the issue.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Keyboardinator

Postby Keyboardinator » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:03 pm

your wrote about "general" problems with the keyboard as far as I can tell.
What I need is a specific bug report, so we have at least a chance to reproduce the issue.

Pasting here my comments on TM and PM (hardware and system version are in the header). In any case, I've got responses to them both. In this thread, I just wanted to know wherther by any chance my keyboard was incompatible.

The interface is English, the default language is English (US). The problem occurs with both English and Russian text, both English and Russian keyboard layouts.
I cut and paste highlighted words normally using the menu or icons. When I use Ctrl-X on external keyboard, the word is erased, but the latter "x" (lowercase) appears. When I paste, "v" appears. Happens every time, whether I try to strike the keys rapidly or not (in fact, I asked other people to try in case my typing skills are faulty).

Several times, not the word I cut last was inserted, but the previous one.

First of all, thanks for a chance to test these cute programs (much bettea than Polaris Office I had to use before!)

Problem
Opened a new spreadsheet and typed numbers using external keyboard. First row was OK. In lower ones, they appeared as "11", "22", etc. Letters were OK. When I moved one step down and then up from this cell, I could input the numbers normally. When I moved up or left, it did not help.
No problem occurred with on-screen keyboard, but for me it much less convenient. While using Polaris, I never had this problem.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby Jim-J » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 am

Hello,

the copy and paste fix is in work. We hope that this issue will be fixed with next beta release. Please check again when released.

I've given the error description to the developers.

Thanks.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”