eM Client is not communicating with ISP email account

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 5 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

NMKAT

eM Client is not communicating with ISP email account

Post by NMKAT » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:54 am

Greetings -

I have been using eM Client for my ISP email account successfully for several months. However, there was an update installed on the 15th and since then eM Client has not been able to access the ISP account.

The error from the Operations log is:
"Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed...”. (I am unable to read the balance of the message as the window will not allow me to scroll side to side.)

I verified with the techs at the ISP that nothing has changed from that standpoint (pop3, smtp, etc). I have not made any changes either. I have also tried to add a new account three times using the same account information.

The first attempt (about an hour earlier than the second try) returned the error: “Cannot connect to autodiscover.[my ISP].net”.
The second attempt using the Automatic set up gave me the error: “Correct settings could not be determined. Check email address or setup account manually.”
When attempting to set up a new account manually the pop3 failed and the smtp said server not responding. All data was entered per the ISP.

Here’s hoping you can help solve this dilemma! =D>

Thank you!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: eM Client is not communicating with ISP email account

Post by sven-l » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 am

I referred your problem to the developers of the eM Client and will inform you here as soon as I have a feedback.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:56 am

An answer from the developers:

Thank you for reporting this. Please send us the network communication logs along with the logs from the Operations window. Thank you.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

NMKAT

Post by NMKAT » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:36 am

Sven-l,
Please pardon my ignorance as I am new to communicating on forums. I am not as familiar with this as you are, so I would like to clarify... I have the Operations Log ready, but I am not sure about the network communications log. I have a single computer running off of wireless network. Is wireless network the log you require?

Also, the operations log contains my email address and the wireless log contains the IP address. How can I send this data to you safely? Or, should I edit the sensitive data out (seems like, for at least some of the data, that would not be helpful to you in solving the problem)? Or is there another method?

Thank you!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:07 am

Please open eM Client and invoke Tools=>Settings=>Advanced=>Logging. Here you can check "Network Communication". Then click on then "Send Logs" in the same dialog window. That's all.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

NMKAT

Post by NMKAT » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:46 am

:D Thank you Sven! I have sent the logs and look forward to, hopefully, a resolution.

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 5 for Windows”