eMClient 5: undisclosed recipients

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 5 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Hans Nieuwenhuis

eMClient 5: undisclosed recipients

Post by Hans Nieuwenhuis » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:38 am

I'm using eMClient 5.

After having imported e-mails from Thunderbird, I see a lot of my e-mails have an "undisclosed recipients" in the 'TO' field.

I can not click on this "undisclosed recipients" field, although the cursor turns into a shape which suggests that I should be able to click on it.

I see this "undisclosed recipients" only for the e-mails which have been sent by me, and when the sender name is "noboday@invalid.invalid".

Why is this field called "undisclosed recipients"? Why can I not see the list with real recipients? I've used a 'TO' and 'CC' field in Thunderbird when composing these e-mails, not a 'BCC' field.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: eMClient 5: undisclosed recipients

Post by sven-l » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 am

I referred that problem to the developers of the eM Client and will inform you as soon as I have an answer.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

operations

Post by operations » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:58 pm

I have found that this is a result of the sender only entering recipients in the Bcc field on the message that they are sending. Because the Bcc recipients are not shown on the received message, you will get the "Undisclosed Recipients" label in the To field. I can only assume that the sender is attempting to keep all of the email addresses hidden from whomever was meant to receive it. This seems to occur most often with spam and automatic replies from a mail server.

Note: I realize this post is older, but just wanted to share my experience on the subject.

Hans Nieuwenhuis

Post by Hans Nieuwenhuis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:25 pm

As written in my post:
I see this "undisclosed recipients" only for the e-mails which have been sent by me, and when the sender name is "noboday@invalid.invalid".

Why is this field called "undisclosed recipients"? Why can I not see the list with real recipients? I've used a 'TO' and 'CC' field in Thunderbird when composing these e-mails, not a 'BCC' field.
Those specific e-mails have been written by myself, and I have not used a BCC field.

Hans Nieuwenhuis

Post by Hans Nieuwenhuis » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:48 am

This has been solved in eM Client 6.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:33 am

Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 5 for Windows”