Unable to spell check in Spanish

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice Presentations 2012 for Linux

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

astroboy

Unable to spell check in Spanish

Post by astroboy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:04 pm

I installed Spanish hunspell dictionary from http://www.softmaker.net/down/hunspell/ ... -spain.sox

Now I'm able to successfully spell check in FreeOffice TextMaker and FreeOffice PlanMaker, but not in FreeOffice Presentations.

Even though I already configured the spell check in Presentations (Tools -> Options -> Language -> "Spanish Traditional" -which is the Spanish one shown with a check mark at the left-) every typed word is marked in red with "Use background spell-checking" activated. Trying Tools -> Check Spelling is not useful either, it will mark each word, but without suggestions.

If I select English as the language to spell check, it works in Presentations as it should be...

Why Spanish is not working as a spell-checker on Presentations? :o

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Unable to spell check in Spanish

Post by sven-l » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 am

I can confirm that problem and informed the developers. I will report here as soon as we have a solution.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

astroboy

Post by astroboy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:22 am

I can also confirm the bug reported in http://www.softmaker.com/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=12604. FreeOffice does not spell check words with accented characters nor with the character 'ñ'.

So, I refrain from my prevoius statement of being able of "successfully spell check in FreeOffice TextMaker and FreeOffice PlanMaker"

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:47 pm

The problem with the spell checker has been solved. It should no longer occur in the next version of FreeOffice.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “FreeOffice Presentations 2012 for Linux”