Opening Files in TM from Qtopia

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Zaurus

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

jagrka

Opening Files in TM from Qtopia

Post by jagrka » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:50 am

I believe that this topic was discussed during the beta testing period, but has been removed from the forum. I did not take note at the time, but I am wondering if it is possible to launch .doc or .tmd files and have them open in TM. The default mime setting opens .doc files in HandcomWord. I edited my mime.types and tm.desktop file so that these files would open in TM instead. However, rather than opening the files, launching a .doc files just runs TM (without opening the file).
I assume this is because TM is completely independent of Qtopia? Is there anyway to have these files open in TM? Perhaps the programmers could write a script that could launch TM and open the file?

mikew

Post by mikew » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:01 pm

Not Possible to open a doc or tmd file from within Qtopia, managed to get Qtopia to load TextMaker but TextMaker insists on creating a new untitled document.

I understand from Anton Maslovsky, it is because TextMaker won't accept the file name in the command line in the same way as all the other Zaurus software.

This can only be fixed by SoftMaker.

Mike
Tried to migrate from Zaurus C760 +1gb SD + 1gb CF + rLAN to Imate Jasjar + 2gb SD + GPS + TomTom, gave up & bought a C3200

mandjab

Post by mandjab » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:35 pm

I am dissapointed, but i have the same problem.
:evil:

mandjab

Post by mandjab » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:31 pm

Hello,

No changes before the last post?
Could you give us a solution, please...

clofland

Another vote for command line file opening!

Post by clofland » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:40 pm

Could we please have a feature added to allow files to be opened with TM if they are passed to it on the command line?

Even Microsoft Word can do this. ;)

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:31 am

We will, of course, send this suggestion to our developers. But I don't know if this feature will be in the next service pack.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

hg
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by hg » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:30 pm

TMZ can open files that are passed to it on the command line. It's no problem if you open tm in the console and pass a filename as argument.

The Qtopia desktop is something different: it uses a similar method like Windows (Windows uses DDE, in Zaurus it is done using slots).

In the next service pack, TextMaker will be able to open its files from Qtopia.
It should be released at the end of this week.
Heiko Gibson
SoftMaker Development

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - DNA

mikew

Post by mikew » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:32 am

Just downloaded & installed the latest release, the e-mail informing me of the release says it's release is 405, about screen says 404.

Still won't open a file in Qtopia, just opens an untitled file.

Did opening files from within Qtopia get missed?

Mike
Tried to migrate from Zaurus C760 +1gb SD + 1gb CF + rLAN to Imate Jasjar + 2gb SD + GPS + TomTom, gave up & bought a C3200

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:36 pm

The new service pack is definitely rev 405. If TextMaker still displays 404, you are running the old version. Try uninstalling it first, then reinstall the service pack.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mikew

Post by mikew » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:08 pm

Martin

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling Textmaker with no effect as it still shows rev 404 not 405, I was upgrading from revision 399 first time around.

Perhaps the e-mail notifying me of the service pack had the wrong link or you have not uploaded the new version.

Mike

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:28 pm

Do you use the full version or the trial?
Please be sure you only have the ipk file once, either on your CF card or on your internal memory, so you are sure which one gets installed.

I tested both German and English UI version and both are rev 405.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mikew

Post by mikew » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:45 pm

I have the full version, hence the e-mail notifying me of the service pack.

I loaded the file from Qtopia so I can be sure that I loaded the correct ipk file.

I have removed & reloaded TextMaker just to be sure that I used the correct file.

Mike

mikew

Post by mikew » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:03 pm

No response to my previous post so I thought that I would do some more testing.

Uninstalled registered version then downloaded the trial version, about screen confirms that it is release 405, so uninstalled & reinstalled the registered version via the link in your e-mail, now I am back at release 404.

This can only be a problem at your end as your e-mail is pointing at release 404 not 405.

Mike

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:12 am

Which browser do you use? Please clear the cache of the browser, because it seems like the browser uses the file stored in the local cache. The version on the server definitely is rev 405.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mikew

Post by mikew » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:49 am

We cache files to improve response times, it would appear that you don't set any expiry date on your file nor change the file name so the cache is never updated.

Would it be possible to use different file names or set an expiry date in the future?

I have arranged for the network manager to download the file from the proxy server which should sort this out for me on this occasion.

Mike

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Zaurus”