Serious Bug - Losing entire document ?

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Zaurus

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

rogerbowering

Serious Bug - Losing entire document ?

Post by rogerbowering » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:20 pm

Hi

Maybe this is me, but the default font is a Times New Roman style and twice I've been typing away and decided to Select All and change the font to Sans Serif (sort of Arial style)

So I select all, then choose the format and change the font. When I'm finished the document is empty. All text has vanished and the Undo feature does not bring it back

Roger

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:25 am

Did you read the FAQ.tmd file in your ~/Documents/ folder? There you will find instructions on how to change the default font.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

clofland

Post by clofland » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:37 pm

But he is right, I just tried it myself.

If you select a section of text (all of it, or just a few lines) and then go change the font, the selected text GOES AWAY!

This is VERY bad. :(

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:02 am

Oh sorry, i misunderstood. :oops:
So you have a document with some text, select the whole document and change the font.
In what way do you change the font? Do you use the combo box or via the menu?
Does this happen with every font?
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

clofland

Post by clofland » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:19 pm

Using the menu, actually, I think the text goes away as soon as you select the "character" option on the menu. You don't have to change the font.

It looks to me like when you do Menu->Format-> and hit "Enter" on the Character option, the enter is passed through to the text editor itself and wipes out the text you have selected.

If you don't change the font, you can still "undo" the erasure. However, if you change the front then, it seems to kill your "undo" functionality.

Quite anoying.

EDIT: Yes, I have confirmed, if you navigate the menu ONLY with the stylus, and change your font, you do NOT loose your text.

It is when you use the "Enter" key to select the item on the menu. That Enter is not "eaten" by the menu, but is also passed through to the text editor and wipes out your text.

Compound that with your loss of "UNDO" for that particular edit when you change the font, and you have a real problem.

EDIT AGAIN: That, or maybe it is just that when I hit "Enter" to select "Undo" I just wipe out the text all over again. :) It seems to work, again, if I just use the stylus.

Navigating the menu by keyboard just generally causes a lot of problems because the key presses are being passed through to the text editor as well. Us Zaurus people tend to use our keyboard a lot you know. To truly test a Zaurus program, you really need to throw your stylus in a corner for a few days and just use the keyboard and see how it works.

hg
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by hg » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:12 am

You're right.
We could reproduce this behaviour now on one of our machines.
It will be fixed in the service pack that should be available at the end of next week.
Thanks for your effort!
Heiko Gibson
SoftMaker Development

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - DNA

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Zaurus”