Batch convert TMD to DOC ?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2012 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bugman

Batch convert TMD to DOC ?

Post by bugman » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:41 am

I have a periodic need to convert large numbers of my TMD files do DOC format. About 50 files at a time - obviously do not want to open each one individually and save to doc format.

Can this be done, or could it be put in a future version?

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Batch convert TMD to DOC ?

Post by Jossi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:44 am

I recommend upgrading to the commercial version (SoftMaker Office), which comes with a script language (BasicMaker). In the German forum a script was posted some time ago to convert any format to any other format supported by TextMaker:
http://www.softmaker.com/diskussion/vie ... 454#p45454

bugman

Post by bugman » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:59 am

Thank you for your reply. Wow - 'scripts' are a bit over my head. I don't know how to run a script, and really not so important to me to spend a few hours learning new computer code. Hoping for some solution that might be just a few mouse clicks. A shame no batch conversion utility even in the full office version.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:37 am

I'm a noob in scripting, too, but this is no rocket science. The script can be copied from the forum posting and saved to your hard disk, and in the "Tools" menu there's an item "Start script". That's all.

bugman

Post by bugman » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:43 pm

ok - well, do I save that script text to a .vbs file?
then as you said I can run the script through the full pay version of textmaker?
I'm guessing that the script execution program is part of textmaker, therefore no other software I have to install to make windows run the script?

I may give that a try.
thank you again.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:05 pm

bugman wrote:ok - well, do I save that script text to a .vbs file?
I have attached the script (TMConvert.txt). Download it, save it to your hard disk, preferably to the folder "SoftMaker" in "MyComputer" (there should already be a subfolder "Scripts") and rename it to "TMConvert.bas" (the extension .bas is not allowed for attached files in this forum).
bugman wrote:then as you said I can run the script through the full pay version of textmaker?
Yes, you simply invoke Tools > Start Script ... and select the script file. The script itself is self-explaining. It allows to convert every file format TextMaker understands to every other. You simply select the source and target file type and the source and target folder.
bugman wrote:I'm guessing that the script execution program is part of textmaker, therefore no other software I have to install to make windows run the script?
That's right.

Cheers
Jossi
Attachments
TMConvert.txt
(2.61 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2012 for Windows”