Ukrainian user-defined spell-checking?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2012 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Albert

Ukrainian user-defined spell-checking?

Post by Albert » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:57 pm

I've complete installed FreeOffice rev.679 and softmaker-hunspell-ukrainian.sox in Windows2000 (I tried XP also). Folder "uk_UA" appears in AppData\SoftMaker\hunspell.
In Tools->Options->Language I set Default language: (green V) Ukrainian, also I check "Use background spell-checking" and set Ukrainian font.
There is a problem with subj:
1. Ukrainian doesn't appear in Tools->Edit User Dictionaries... (still 3 language present).
2. When I try to add new word in User Dictionary by right-tapping mouse on Ukrainian red underlined word it still red underlined, but when I try to add new word in User Dictionary by right-tapping mouse on English red underlined word it becomes not underlined. Both Ukrainian and English words are adding in My documents\SoftMaker\Settings\uk_ua.udc file, but only English working :(

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Ukrainian user-defined spell-checking?

Post by sven-l » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 am

Albert wrote:I've complete installed FreeOffice rev.679 and softmaker-hunspell-ukrainian.sox in Windows2000 (I tried XP also). Folder "uk_UA" appears in AppData\SoftMaker\hunspell.
In Tools->Options->Language I set Default language: (green V) Ukrainian, also I check "Use background spell-checking" and set Ukrainian font.
1. Ukrainian doesn't appear in Tools->Edit User Dictionaries... (still 3 language present).
This is reproducible for me. I've informed the developers and will inform you here as soon as we have a solution.
Albert wrote: 2. When I try to add new word in User Dictionary by right-tapping mouse on Ukrainian red underlined word it still red underlined, but when I try to add new word in User Dictionary by right-tapping mouse on English red underlined word it becomes not underlined. Both Ukrainian and English words are adding in My documents\SoftMaker\Settings\uk_ua.udc file, but only English working :(
If you want you can edit the user dictionary and add words. Just open the uk_ua.udc file with a simple text editor like notepad.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Albert

Post by Albert » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Thanks for reply.
sven-l wrote:If you want you can edit the user dictionary and add words. Just open the uk_ua.udc file with a simple text editor like notepad.
I know this, but while added in uk_ua.udc (by right-clicking mouse or manually with text editor) Ukrainian words still red underlined it has no sense for me.
I hope it would be corrected in new version of FreeOffice.

Albert

Post by Albert » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:32 am

You can easily check how Ukrainian spell-check working. Add Ukrainian language in Windows and turn it on, add softmaker-hunspell-ukrainian.sox, in Tools->Options->Language set Default language: (green V) Ukrainian, also check "Use background spell-checking" and set Ukrainian font.
Type any word in Ukrainian, i.e. qwerty (йцукен) in TextMaker. Then press Space and this word would becomes red underlined. Then right-click mouse on this word and choose Add word in context menu. qwerty will not be red underlined, but if you come to the end of string red underlining appears. And if type another qwerty both of them will be red underlined despite of presents qwerty (йцукен) in uk_ua.udc file. If repeat this experiment with English word qwerty (font still Ukrainian) all will work properly.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 am

Thank you! This is now reproducible for me and I informed the developers. I will contact you as soon as I have more information.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Albert

Post by Albert » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:58 pm

sven-l
Can you tell me, when nearly new version (release) of FreeOffice with fixed this problem out? I.e. in a week(s), month(s), year(s). I just need to know, nothing else.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 am

Sorry, there is no time frame for that.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:17 am

Albert wrote:I've complete installed FreeOffice rev.679 and softmaker-hunspell-ukrainian.sox in Windows2000 (I tried XP also). Folder "uk_UA" appears in AppData\SoftMaker\hunspell.
This problem has been solved and should no longer occur in future versions of FreeOffice.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Albert

Post by Albert » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:54 pm

sven-l
I was very glad to read "This problem has been solved and should no longer occur in future versions of FreeOffice."
I have downloaded rev. 684 and was very disappointed of all still the same.

Albert

Post by Albert » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Once more question: is there any way to know if new revision out other then download and (re)install FreeOffice (in Properties of exe information of revision is absent, there is 1.0.0.3420 inside only which means rev.684)?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:15 pm

1. This has been fixed for all releases after rev 684. So it will be available to FreeOffice users only when the next revision comes around.

2. You can always go to Help > Check for updates or use the automatic update checker (Tools > Options > System) to let it notify you of new FreeOffice releases.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Albert

Post by Albert » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:33 am

martin-k
Thanks for your reply.
1. I hope rev.685 will be soon.
2. Unfortunately, computer where FreeOffice is installed has no Internet connection.
So I want to see information about current revision (and date it out) of FreeOffice both for Windows and Linux on site freeoffice.com
I.e. in http://www.freeoffice.com/en/download or, better, history of versions.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2012 for Windows”