Trying to install an update for Free Office........

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2012 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

PaulW

Trying to install an update for Free Office........

Post by PaulW » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 pm

I was offered an update for Free Office today which seemed to be successful but when I tried to open Textmaker or anything else I was told that the resources files had a wrong revision number and I needed to install a service pack. There doesn't seem to be one for Free Office.

I tried to solve this by downloading Free Office again under a new e-mail address and serial number. But I am getting a message that I have an older version of softmaker which has to be removed before installation can proceed. Windows installer is telling me to use control panel to uninstall, but I can't uninstall because a file Soft Maker Free Office.msi cannot be found.

I would be grateful for any help to solve this or how I can regain access to Free Office.

Paul

PaulW

Re: Trying to install an update for Free Office........

Post by PaulW » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:11 pm

This has been resolved.

I eventually managed to uninstall Free Office and install the new release. I found MS Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter on the web - and it did the job. This may be of interest to anyone else who has a similar problem and a small knowledge of IT (like me!).

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2012 for Windows (General)”