Sync with Dropbox unreliable

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

2bejoyous

Sync with Dropbox unreliable

Postby 2bejoyous » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 am

I'm using the free mobile version. (If it matters, I also have a purchased version so I can switch to that.) Whenever I edit a file on my phone, it doesn't get updated on Dropbox. When it has synced, it was hours later. I checked for updates, it says I have the latest version. When I use another Android spreadsheet app to edit the same file, it does sync immediately. In both cases I opened the file from the Android Dropbox app. The only thing that differed is the application I used. Is there a setting I need to change? This use to work fine but now does not.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Sync with Dropbox unreliable

Postby martin-k » Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 am

Are you using the Dropbox app for that? PlanMaker Mobile has direct access to Dropbox straight from the File > Open dialog box.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

2bejoyous

Re: Sync with Dropbox unreliable

Postby 2bejoyous » Mon May 01, 2017 4:45 pm

Yes. I open the file from the Android Dropbox app and select the spreadsheet app to use. In the past, I believe I tried opening the file directly from PlanMaker but I don't recall that it solved the problem. I haven't tried it lately. When I get on my computer I will test.

Return to “PlanMaker Mobile for Android”