Rev 685 exits on startup

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

pelago

Rev 685 exits on startup

Post by pelago » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:05 pm

On my device (Sony Xperia Pro, Android 2.3), rev 685 of PlanMaker exits soon after startup. Rev 684 didn't do this. This is when using the version from the Play Store.

Specifically, I click the icon, PlanMaker starts, the title bar change to have the PlanMaker logo in the top-left, but then the program exits before I see the toolbars or the empty worksheet. It doesn't bring up the normal force close dialogue with the buttons to close or report - it just disappears and goes back to the launcher.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times with no difference, and I have restarted my device multiple times with no difference.

I can copy and paste output from logcat if it helps.

For the time being I've reverted to rev 684 (from my Titanium Backup) which starts up fine.

pelago

Re: Rev 685 exits on startup

Post by pelago » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:21 pm

pelago wrote:For the time being I've reverted to rev 684 (from my Titanium Backup) which starts up fine.
My previous rev 684 is now telling me "PlanMaker licence is not valid" shortly after startup, so now I cannot run PlanMaker at all.

pelago

Post by pelago » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Is it possible for SoftMaker to send me a non-Play Store version of the app (rev 684) so that I can at least do some work for the time being? Or I could try a non-Play Store version of rev 685 if you think it would help.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Please send an e-mail to the sales team (sales(at)softmaker.de). Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

pelago

Post by pelago » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:15 am

Thanks to the SoftMaker sales team I now have a non-Play Store version of PlanMaker rev 685 which works fine for me, so my immediate problem is solved.

Still, the Play Store version doesn't work for me, and I imagine doesn't work for some others too. Also, I would in general prefer the Play Store version for ease of updating or when changing devices.

If it helps you troubleshoot, what I see on the screen when trying to start the Play Store version is as follows:

1, A mostly white screen with a black title bar saying PlanMaker Mobile with no icon
2, A mostly black screen with a grey title bar saying PlanMaker Mobile with the icon to the top left
3, The app just exits back to the launcher with no error message

The non-Play Store version starts up as follows:

1, A mostly white screen with a black title bar saying PlanMaker Mobile with no icon
2, A mostly black screen with a grey title bar saying PlanMaker Mobile with the icon to the top left
3, A spinner with "Please wait..." in the middle
4, The toolbars and blank sheet with gridlines

So the Play Store version exits before "Please wait..." appears.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:13 pm

We are working on a new version for the Playstore. It should be available soon.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker Mobile for Android”