I can't save in external SD

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Adekunle

I can't save in external SD

Post by Adekunle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:35 am

I am using text maker mobile to read and edit on my galaxy tab 4, android version 4.4.1. But after all the edits, I can't save them to the external sd on my device. It saved perfectly on the device, but when trying to save as, now choosing the external sd, it says "Error saving file. Disk full?" I don't suppose external storage is not yet supported by this excellent programme, or is it? Please help, this has been the most effective word processor I have ever come across since I have been hunting for one to use on my tab. It doesn't freeze, it flows smoothly and responds quickly, but it wouldn't save work to the external storage on my device. Thanks.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: I can't save in external SD

Post by sven-l » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:54 pm

That's a restriction of Android 4.4. Either update to a newer Android version or use TextMaker HD Basic instead of TextMaker Mobile.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

rwallace01

I guess this is a me too submission

Post by rwallace01 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi sven-l !

I am having the same issue on android 5.1.1 error states " Unable to create file" I edited a doc and cant save it to the sd card. Any permission settings that I may have missed?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: I guess this is a me too submission

Post by sven-l » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:14 pm

rwallace01 wrote:Hi sven-l !

I am having the same issue on android 5.1.1 error states " Unable to create file" I edited a doc and cant save it to the sd card. Any permission settings that I may have missed?
Can you save files in the same folder on that SD card from other apps? Please try it with TextMaker HD Basic (available in the Playstore). Does that work better for you?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

rwallace01

Re: I can't save in external SD

Post by rwallace01 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Yes, that did work!

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”