TextMaker crashes on load with any .odt file

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

napsmith

TextMaker crashes on load with any .odt file

Postby napsmith » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Since the last update I haven't been able to load any odt files in TextMaker. It hangs on the 'Please wait...' message, and then just exits. I'm able to create an .odt file in the app and edit it just fine, but after closing it won't reopen. I get this on both my tablet and phone (both Samsung but I can't imagine that's the reason), and it persists after a reinstall.

I found this thread (http://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=13702) but this bug seems considerably bigger than that as it seems to affect all odt files, not just those with numbered/bulletted lists. I'm assuming the service pack mentioned there fixes this but I wanted to check because it seems kinda big and I couldn't find any mention of it on the forums.

Also, is there an ETA on that service pack? Or perhaps an apk of a previous working version I can use in the meantime?

Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Android 4.2.2
TM rev 691.0715.gs

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: TextMaker crashes on load with any .odt file

Postby sven-l » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 pm

There is currently a problem with TextMaker Mobile when users try to open .odt files. There will be a service pack available in a few days, which will solve that issue.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”