Better interpretation of "fling" gestures

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Akjohnston

Better interpretation of "fling" gestures

Postby Akjohnston » Wed May 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi,

I find the current interpretation of some gestures rather frustrating. If I move the page with a large vertical component and a small horizontal component (or vice versa) this should be interpreted as a purely vertical or horizontal scroll as in most other Android software, rather than the current behaviour which makes it very difficult to scroll a document smoothly. It would also be great to have a control or gesture to scroll up or down by exactly one page.
Thanks
Andrew

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Better interpretation of "fling" gestures

Postby sven-l » Thu May 08, 2014 8:14 am

Akjohnston wrote:It would also be great to have a control or gesture to scroll up or down by exactly one page.
Andrew

I will refer your suggestion as a feature request to our developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Thu May 08, 2014 8:20 am

Akjohnston wrote:I find the current interpretation of some gestures rather frustrating. If I move the page with a large vertical component and a small horizontal component (or vice versa) this should be interpreted as a purely vertical or horizontal scroll as in most other Android software, rather than the current behaviour which makes it very difficult to scroll a document smoothly.

I tried but was not able to reproduce that issue on a Blaupunkt Endeavour 1000HD 10" tablet with TextMaker Mobile rev. 698. Scrolling up and down through a document with very huge images works smoothly. Which device, Android version and revision of TextMaker (Menu=>Tools=>About) are you using? Could you please send us a sample file to forum(at)softmaker.de to let us reproduce that issue?

Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Thu May 08, 2014 8:33 am

Ok, I got it and can now reproduce the issue that TextMaker scrolls horizontally while you try to just try to scroll up and down through the document. I will report that to our developers and inform you as soon as we have a solution. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”