System fonts

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Mick J

System fonts

Post by Mick J » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Fairly new to using Textmaker on my KitKat 4.4.2 tablet, working well with a playstation bluetooth keyboard. I have placed some TT fonts into the font folder, a feature I love, using the dropdown menu to select one of these fonts I encounter the mirad android system fonts - Droid Sans whatever, Android Clock etc and Noto Sans whatthingme's, 30+ and not very useful.

Is there a way to not see these fonts, possibly only see the fonts I want and have placed in the "font" folder.

Its not a large problem, more just a bit untidy, but takes a little bit longer to be able to "see the wood for the trees" as we say, I am not a great font user, 10 of my choosing would be enough.

Great stuff this Softmaker software, thanks for all the work, =D> =D>

and as I am still here: the paragraph icon that give me "normal" "heading 1" "heading 2" and "heading 3" any way to edit the default fonts and sizes/styles that is produced ?

/mick

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: System fonts

Post by sven-l » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 am

Mick J wrote:Fairly new to using Textmaker on my KitKat 4.4.2 tablet, working well with a playstation bluetooth keyboard. I have placed some TT fonts into the font folder, a feature I love, using the dropdown menu to select one of these fonts I encounter the mirad android system fonts - Droid Sans whatever, Android Clock etc and Noto Sans whatthingme's, 30+ and not very useful.

Is there a way to not see these fonts, possibly only see the fonts I want and have placed in the "font" folder.
That's currently only possible in the Windows and Linux version but not in the Android version. I will refer that as a feature request to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Mick J

Post by Mick J » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:25 am

Thanks Sven, nice to know I am not missing something obvious as usual.

balaka1

Post by balaka1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Mick,
Can you tel me where you got the xtra fonts from and exactly how how ou installed them in the Fonts folder? I'm having a hard time doing either (I need the standard MS Word fonts to help maintain accuracy when converting formating in Textmaker for imported MS Word docs).
Any help would be appreciated.

Mick J

Post by Mick J » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi Balaka1, I just take the fonts from my win7 pc, they are in the Fonts folder, this can be found under control panel, copy and paste works.

I place the font in a folder called fonts, in the Softmaker folder that was installed in my tablets internal memory (called sd card?) when I installed the Softmaker apps. Other folders in the Softmaker folder include Bullets(empty),spell,Designs 2012(empty),Samples(empty) and Templates 2012(one item).

I have used ES File Explorer.app, Total Commander.app or WiFi File Transfer.app to move files on Android but am lucky that my current 7" tablet allows moving files using a usb cable, tablet shows as a drive in windows.

Fonts folder is large for me on windows 300+ items, I mostly like the georgia font, so I need georgia.ttf, georgiab.ttf, georgiai.ttf and georgiaz.ttf for bold, italic and bolditalic. I also like Hand of Sean from www.dafont.com/hand-of-sean.font

Hope this is helpful, mick

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”