Scandinavian Characters in Textmaker Android

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

swede

Scandinavian Characters in Textmaker Android

Post by swede » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:25 pm

Hello,
I live in Sweden and is in a process of moving some word processor files from my MAC to an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3). I bought and downloaded Textmaker from GooglePlay and so far I'm happy with the program. I have registered the program with you.

I have my files saved in Open Office to .rtf and they display correctly in Open Office. I copied them into your folder Softmaker on Android. When I look at the files in File/Open they display correctly with Swedish characters (å,ä,ö). However, when I open a file the Swedish characters are replaced with a question mark in the body of the text. Is this a problem with the character set? How can I remedy this? You must have the same situation in Germany with ü among others. How do you solve this?

OS X 10.8.5
Open Office 4.0.1
Android 4.3
Samsung Galaxy S3
Textmaker for Android rev 686.0131

Thanks for your help
Gunnar

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Scandinavian Characters in Textmaker Android

Post by sven-l » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:06 am

It sounds like a font problem. Please make sure that the used font is installed on the Android device (see http://www.softmaker.com/english/tipsandroid_en.htm) or use a font with Swedish characters.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”