bluetooth keyboard bugs

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

rstoeck

bluetooth keyboard bugs

Postby rstoeck » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:25 pm

I would appreciate assistance with keyboard bugs on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with a Kensington  Keyfolio Pro 2 keyboard (P/N k39519us).  Android version is 4.1.2, Textmaker version is rev684.1128.

The up arrow and down arrow keys on the keyboard are erratic and will usually skip one to three lines of text on a single press.  In addition, if you go to the end of a paragraph, press the delete key until the paragraph below it is wrapped into the first paragraph, and then press the space bar, you will delete the second paragraph.   These problems do not occur with any other software, including Polaris Office and Kingsoft Office.  

Thank you.

Android Device System Information---------------------------------
*** General info ***Application and revision: [TextMaker] ; 524972Device ID: [samsung]Parsed OS version: 040102Locale string: [en_US.UTF-8]Locale date format: [MM/dd/yyyy]Resolution: 1280 ; 752Tablet flag: 1Display DPI: 1000Dialog interface flag: 1033Profile path: /data/data/softmaker.applications.textmaker/files/config/Temp path: /data/data/softmaker.applications.textmaker/cache/Home path: /storage/sdcard0/SoftMaker/Java Mac Address: 1 ; [20:02:AF:BF:A0:94] ; 20:02:AF:BF:A0:94***Direct Java Information Block ***Android OS Version: 4.1.2Manufacturer: samsungModel (Model Number in About): GT-N8013Product Name: p4notewifiueOem Brand: samsungIndustrial Design Name: p4notewifiHardware Name: smdk4x12Underlying Board: smdk4x12Build ID String (Build Number in About): JZO54K.N8013UEUCMI3Unique Build ID: samsung/p4notewifiue/p4notewifi:4.1.2/JZO54K/N8013UEUCMI3:user/release-keysGeneric ID: JZO54KSystem Bootloader Version: N8013UEUCMI3Host: SEP-63Build Tags: release-keysBuild Type: userBuild Alternate Info: unknownLinux OS Kernel Architecture: armv7lLinux OS Kernel Name: LinuxLinux OS Kernel Version (Kernel Version in About): 3.0.31-813049Java VM Vendor: The Android ProjectJava VM URL: http://www.android.com/Java VM Location: /systemJava Class Path: .Java IO TmpDir: /data/data/softmaker.applications.textmaker/cacheJava Library Path: /vendor/lib:/system/libVM Implementation Vendor: The Android ProjectVM Implementation Name: DalvikVM Implementation Version: 1.6.0VM Libraries Vendor: The Android ProjectVM Libraries Name: Dalvik Core LibraryVM Libraries Version: 0.9VM Specification Vendor: The Android ProjectVM Specification Name: Dalvik Virtual Machine SpecificationVM Specification Version: 0.9System Class Path: .File Separator: /Path Separator: :Base of non-absolute paths: /

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: bluetooth keyboard bugs

Postby sven-l » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:47 am

Thank you for the bug report. We referred that issue to the developers and will inform you as soon as we have a solution.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

napsmith

Postby napsmith » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:06 pm

I have seen the first of these two issues too so thanks for looking into it. (guessing the other got fixed?)
However, two other problems I've noticed that could be related:

* Selecting text with Shift+arrows stops when you reach the end or start of a paragraph. There are ways round this (eg using ctrl+shift+up/down and then adjusting), but it's cumbersome. (EDIT: Just noticed the same happens with jumping by word with ctrl+right. If the paragraph ends in a period etc (and most do, heh), the cursor simply won't move beyond the last word in the line.)

* Using arrows, whenever you move the cursor off the visible screen, the scroll position doesn't adjust until you reach a new paragraph. Entering a character does make it adjust, but you can't see where you're typing it... Any document with long paragraphs quickly becomes a chore to navigate by keyboard.

FYI all these issues (including those in the original post) are also present when using an on-screen keyboard that supports arrows, like Swype etc.

Excellent app otherwise. I'm using the trial right now but will be buying when it expires. Thanks again!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Android 4.2.2
TextMaker rev 689.0328.tl

maucaq

Postby maucaq » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:37 pm

I’ve got similar issues to a lot of these bugs:

* Shift and arrows won’t select further than the end of a paragraph. (Though it does work if you start your selection from a blank line, or if you’ve already selected more than one paragraph using the touchscreen, then continue to go downwards using Shift-Down.)

* Pressing up and down arrows usually lands my cursor quite far left of where I’d expect - if I’m on the far right of a line it’ll go to the middle of the next line, and if I’m on the far left of a line it’ll go to the far right of the same line, which is weird!

* Pressing arrow keys off the bottom of the screen only seems to scroll the screen when the cursor gets to the end of a paragraph or the beginning of one - text with multiline paragraphs is a pain to navigate.

* Deleting (not backspacing) past the end of a line then pressing space deletes the paragraph that’s just been joined to the first one. Weirdly, the same thing happens when pressing the Shift key on my keyboard instead of Space, which is really annoying in my current editing task.

I’m on the latest version of Textmaker, and Android version 4.0.4 (ICS). I’ve got a ThinkOutside keyboard, but most of the problems can be reproduced with soft keyboards too.

I’ll end by saying I’m still happy I chose to buy Textmaker - the comment support in particular is pretty amazing compared to the competition.

carandol

Postby carandol » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:36 pm

I've now had a chance to use TextMaker with a bluetooth keyboard (the Koolertron for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1) and a little bug I've found is this: If I pull down a menu with Alt-(whatever), I should then be able to select the menu item with a single keystroke (eg Alt-F, S to save). But although the Alt-(whatever) bit works, the single keystroke doesn't - I have to select the menu item by using the cursor keys and enter, or using the touch screen.

Other than that, I'm just waiting to throw money at you... :)
carandol

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby Jim-J » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:57 pm

Hello,

I reported this to our developer team.

Thank you
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

napsmith

Postby napsmith » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:39 am

Any progress on this? I know this is a very old thread but after two years I'm still getting every one of these bugs.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:12 am

No progress. I will inform you as soon as there are any news.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”