internet connexion mandatory?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

engine

internet connexion mandatory?

Post by engine » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 pm

OK, so I'm only using the trial version and I realise this may impose some limitations … so I don't really object to having to enter my trial key repeatedly. But the last time I started TM Android on my smartphone and entered my trial key, it detected that I didn't have a live internet connexion and refused to start.

I don't spend my entire life connected to the internet. I connect with my smartphone when I need access to internet-based services such as gMail, but most of the day I'm quite happy just to use files already on the memory card. Can someone give me a definitive answer: is a live connexion needed or not, assuming I upgrade to the full version? If TextMaker (and PlanMaker) will only work when I'm connected, that's a major drawback.

Thanks in advance!
Niels Grundtvig Nielsen
You know what you're talking about ‒ I can help you say it
http://www.kbss27.be

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: internet connexion mandatory?

Post by martin-k » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:41 pm

You need an Internet connection only to activate the software. After that, it runs without connection.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

engine

Post by engine » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks! time to buy the full version, then <g>
Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

engine

Post by engine » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:21 pm

[quote="martin-k"]You need an Internet connection only to activate the software. After that, it runs without connection.[/quote]

My experience so far is that it'll run for a while, then complain because it can't contact Google Store and shut down. I've already lost a few paragraphs because of this behaviour. I activate my mobile data connexion only when I actually want to send/receive data, and can't guarantee I'll have a connexion even when I want one. Surely you can just validate the licence at the time I install the product?
Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 am

Niels,

I sent you a non-Playstore version via e-mail. That version does not need the Playstore to check your license but uses our own license server. If you want you could uninstall the Playstore version and try it with that version.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

engine

Post by engine » Mon May 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Thanks for that idea, Sven! unfortunately, it seems that e-mail must have been eaten by some part of my set-up. Could you perhaps send me the link again? It will be good to be able to use TextMaker (say) on the train for more than ten minutes :-}
Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon May 26, 2014 1:13 pm

No problem. I sent you the e-mail again to the e-mail address you used to register here in the forum.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

cyberdiva

Post by cyberdiva » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Engine, I don't doubt that you've experienced what you've described. However, since people thinking about purchasing TextMaker may come here looking for information, I just want to say that I've had TextMaker Mobile on my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet since last August, and I've never encountered the problem you've described. I mostly use the tablet without being connected to the Internet, and it's almost never connected when I'm using TextMaker, and that has not been an issue.
SoftMaker Office 2016 Standard: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit; TextMaker Mobile for Android: Nexus 7 2nd gen.

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”