Problems recognizing Google Docs format (Revisited?)

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

hogueax

Problems recognizing Google Docs format (Revisited?)

Post by hogueax » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 am

Hi, I'm currently on the trial version of Textmaker for Android and am having trouble getting it to recognize and access files from my Google Drive. I found this thread from 2008 outlining most of the problems I'm experiencing, but was no help in solving the problem: http://www.softmaker.com/forum/viewtopi ... mat#p44229

While Textmaker will show that there are files in my Drive if I select "All Files," I am unable to access them just like the user in the linked thread. It gives me an error message saying: "An error occurred! The Google Docs file format is not supported" However, if I go into Drive and re-save the files as .docx, then they are immediately available for editing in Textmaker. I have quite a substantial amount of documents in my Drive, and hope there is a better option than going back through each and every file and manually re-saving it.

Danke im Voraus für die Hilfe und schöne Grüße aus den USA!

Alex

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problems recognizing Google Docs format (Revisited?)

Post by sven-l » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 am

Alex,

Are you using Google Docs Cloud Sync or do you access Google Drive directly via TextMaker's File=>Open menu?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

hogueax

Post by hogueax » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Sven,

I'm accessing Drive directly from Textmaker's menu. It may also be useful to include that I'm using an Asus Transformer Infinity (TF700T) that is running Android 4.2.1.

Alex

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 am

I tested it with TextMaker Mobile rev.678.325 (full version) on a Vestel tablet and have no problems accessing my .docx and .tmd files in Google Drive with "All documents". You wrote that you have to re-save the files in .docx file format. What file format are the files before (when you receive the error messaage)? Was the files created in TextMaker or in another program?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android (General)”