accessing files on BoxCryptor drive

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

elmar.berghaus

accessing files on BoxCryptor drive

Post by elmar.berghaus » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi,

I am currently testing PlanMaker and TextMaker for Android. I have been unable to open files on a BoxCryptor drive on Dropbox. I have entered the Boxcryptor password to mount that drive and I can acces the files with other apps, e.g. ES File Explorer. If I copy the files to a different (non-encrypted) location (internal memory or SD card), there is no problem.

Any thoughts?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: accessing files on BoxCryptor drive

Post by sven-l » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:56 pm

If you want to open your files from Dropbox, please invoke File=>Open from the menu in SoftMaker Office for Android and select Dropbox from the selection.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

elmar.berghaus

Post by elmar.berghaus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, finding the files is not my problem. When I select one of them in the Dropbox directory protected by BoxCryptor, TextMaker/Planmaker tries to open it but returns an unknown file format error. This does not happen when I copy the same file to a local directory and open it from there or when I use a directory on Dropbox that is not protected by BoxCryptor.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:30 am

I will refer that as a feature request (support of BoxCryptor encrypted files in Dropbox ) for future updates to our developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

smacmillan

Post by smacmillan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Textmaker seems to work fine from BoxCryptor classic, at least for Box.com and Skydrive. I haven't yet tried PlanMaker or Presentations Mobile, nor BoxCryptor+DropBox.

With either of those set up in BoxCryptor I can open BoxCryptor, and see a correct listing of .doc and .docx files (and any others). Clicking on a .doc or .docx file brings up the usual Android "open" selector (I have several apps that can edit Word documents). Opening in TextMaker works fine and any changes made are retained and encrypted within BoxCryptor.

Seems fully compatible.

Scott

Return to “SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android (General)”