Files on Google Drive

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

stevegunn

Files on Google Drive

Post by stevegunn » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:27 pm

When I try to access my files in Microsoft Office format on Google Drive using SoftMaker for Android it does not see any files. If I choose "Recover any files" it shows me the list of files on Google Drive, but the file types are not recognised (just a plain grey icon with filename but not extension) and it will not open them. However, if I access Google Drive using Documents To Go for Android, it sees all the files and their types and opens them all perfectly.

Please help me access them through SoftMaker.

Thanks
Steve

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Files on Google Drive

Post by sven-l » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 am

Which revision are you using (Menu=>Tools=>About)? I tried it with rev. 676.1219 and could easily access all my .tmd, .pmd and .prd files in Google Drive. It even showed me the correct file extensions.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

stevegunn

Post by stevegunn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Sven - that's the version I have.

I have an idea what the problem could be - I have been a long-time user of SoftMaker - since Windows Mobile days. My SoftMaker products are registered to my personal email, whereas my Google Drive is registered to my business email. Could that be the problem - if so - is it possible to change the address my SoftMaker products are registered to?

Thanks
Steve

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:33 am

No, I don't think that is the problem. When you first try to access Google Drive from TextMaker'S file menu you will be asked to log in with your Google user name and password. I also tried it with different e-mail accounts for the license and for Google Drive. Which device exactly and Android version are you using? Is it TextMaker rev. 676.1219 where the problem occurs? You can see the revision in the main menu in Tools=>About. Are you using an WiFi (WLAN) or mobile (e.g. UMTS) connection?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

stevegunn

Post by stevegunn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:35 am

Yes - that's the version I have. I think the problem was that I was still using Google Docs Cloud Sync for MS Office rather than Google Drive and although the files show up on Google Drive they wouldn't open. Now I use Google Drive and it works.

Unfortunately, I much prefer Cloud Sync because you can leave files in the folder you want and still sync them rather than having to put them in a Google Drive folder on your PC. Still - I suppose that's what they call progress!!!

Also I hate the fact that when you open a file on Google Drive on the web it converts the format!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:53 am

The support of Cloud Sync is not yet available. It's on the agenda for future versions.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

stevegunn

Post by stevegunn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:03 am

Thank you!

Return to “SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android (General)”