Can I print from SM Office Mobile 2012 Android?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

heylmun

Can I print from SM Office Mobile 2012 Android?

Post by heylmun » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:03 am

SoftMaker Office Mobile 2012 Android does most of what i need, but I need to be able to print, and I don't see a way to do that. What am I missing? Thanks.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can I print from SM Office Mobile 2012 Android?

Post by martin-k » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Create a PDF file and print that using the printer-specific tool that you are using.

We already have a feature request in our enhancements list to extend the "Send" command to allow sending to printers.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

JSR

Re: Can I print from SM Office Mobile 2012 Android?

Post by JSR » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 pm

martin-k wrote:Create a PDF file and print that using the printer-specific tool that you are using.

We already have a feature request in our enhancements list to extend the "Send" command to allow sending to printers.
That's not a complete solution. As I've already mentioned in another topic, the PDF file function outputs the entire file as a PDF. Try and open that in some printer-specific tools (such as the Brother iPrint&Scan app) and it rejects it for being too large - any PDF that's over 20 pages and it can't handle it.

Until Softmaker Office allows us to output a limited number of pages as a PDF (say a page range, or a chapter section, or even a highlighted selection), it's not correct to say that we can just "Create a PDF file and print that using the printer-specific tool that you are using.".

I was hoping we'd see some kind of enhanced PDF export feature implemented when I saw there was a new service pack but, not yet it seems.

Return to “SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android (General)”