Textmaker for jornada 680 (SH3)

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Viriato

Textmaker for jornada 680 (SH3)

Post by Viriato » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:45 pm

Greetings from Portugal,

I'm a student (master in Developmental Psychology) and I recently bought a second hand Jornada 680. It came to me as a shock the limited functions of the pre-installed pocket word. Sometimes I need to sync with text+image documents and I find it very annoying to have to copy and paste the images separately everytime I need such a document.

I know this subject has been adressed before, and that it's supposed to exist a stable version for my handheld. Furthermore the links to the 2002 don't exist. Would you be so kind as to share the old 397 version jornada 680 compatible with me? If it indeed works, of course. I am willing to pay you the proportional price, if you agree.

Thank you in advance,

Viriato

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:04 pm

Thanks for your interest in our software. However, we don't have a trial for rev 397 of TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs. We can only send you the link to the trial of the latest revision:
Click here to download the free trial of TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Viriato

Post by Viriato » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:13 pm

Can I buy the 397 version for HPC jornada 680? How?

Thanks

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:24 pm

I just sent you a private message on how to order the old version of TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Viriato

Post by Viriato » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:44 pm

I live in europe so I don't have dollars, should I pay the equivalent in euros?
Also, is there any kind of guarantee?

Thank you

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:51 pm

Viriato wrote:I live in europe so I don't have dollars, should I pay the equivalent in euros?
I just sent out a new link to you via a private message.
Viriato wrote:Also, is there any kind of guarantee?
Well, you cannot install service packs (as you want to use rev 397) or update to TextMaker 2006 (SH3 is not supported anymore). Did you mean something else?
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Viriato

Post by Viriato » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:48 pm

Hello again,

Considering the actual exchange rate, 1eur = $1.3297 the european price MUST be around 30,044 eur, not 39.95 eur.
By the way, Portugal is in the European Union, which means we not only share the same currency, but we also have free circulation of goods and people, we even have a common European Tribunal. Why would an european product be cheaper in the US? Besides it cost's more in taxes and shipment to export to the US.
Maybe this is just an unfortunate mistake, a huge one nontheless.

The other question was regarding the product's compatibility with Jornada 680 SH3. Do you guarantee the refund if the program isn't working in a satisfactory manner? Would you sell it knowing it isn't fully functional?
Sorry for so many questions, but the amount you're asking for a product you're not even planning to update anymore is a little too much, even correctly converted to euros.

I know money inflates people's ambitions and greed and I also understand that we all have to make a living.

But if a product is clearly a Work in Progress and if there are many reported issues with it should you try to make a profit from innocent people despite being aware of it's unconsistencies and flaws?
I don't think so. And I believe any reasonable, rational HUMAN BEING must agree with me on this one.

So I leave you with a suggestion, change your name to MoneyMaker, it would be more coherent!
And make the old versions public domain by the way, so anyone can try and see what suit's best for their crappy old system.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:13 pm

You want to purchase our software but want to use rev 397 only, which has known bugs which got fixed with a later revision.

We know our software runs on this device. If it really doesn't work, we will give you a refund and block the serial for future use. Would that be ok for you?

The price difference from EUR to US$ is because of the taxes we have to pay for European customers and because of the exchange rate from US$ to EUR, which changed a lot in the past.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs”