Help - Textmaker will not load on my PPC

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

General Specific

Help - Textmaker will not load on my PPC

Post by General Specific » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:52 pm

I loaded the Textmaker trial on my Pocket PC (Audiovox 6600). The term expired and I purchased a license. The software would not load onto my PPC.

I wiped and reset my PPC and still nothing. I would run the install program, ActiveSync would pop up, but Textmaker is not on the list of programs to install.

I reset my PPC again and tried to install using a different computer. Still nothing!!

What the heck can this be????

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:15 pm

TextMaker's setup program doesn't insert itself in ActiveSync's list of Pocket PC applications. It connects via ActiveSync and transfers the files to the Pocket PC.

If you install TextMaker, get "Installation complete" and then check your Pocket PC, you should find TextMaker on the Pocket PC.

Does the install go so far as to display "Installation complete"?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

General Specific

Post by General Specific » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:32 pm

martin-k wrote:TextMaker's setup program doesn't insert itself in ActiveSync's list of Pocket PC applications. It connects via ActiveSync and transfers the files to the Pocket PC.

If you install TextMaker, get "Installation complete" and then check your Pocket PC, you should find TextMaker on the Pocket PC.

Does the install go so far as to display "Installation complete"?
No, it doesn't.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:39 pm

So, does the install simply hang at some point? If so, which point? (what is displayed on screen at this time?)
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs”