rev 397; working for you ?

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

scholar

rev 397; working for you ?

Post by scholar » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:25 pm

I've started this topic to bring on the debate from -
"I bought this after an error free trial but wish I hadn't"
and all of the other threads that have been highlighting that 405 doesn't work as it should. Hopefully Softmaker are listening to us now.
Since Tobias kindly gave us access to the older version, I installed it with some scepticism on a CF card with a Samsung Izzi pro, which is a MIPS 2.11 device, large screen. I didn't rip out any major software to free memory, I just moved "Message Master SMS" which is nearly 1MB and some ebooks to the card. I even left launchforce, diopen and pocket controller running in the task bar. That gave me about 16mb free program memory, and 7mb free storage - much less than I'd been giving 4.05 in my fruitless tests, where I'd put it in from a clean install.
So far it's worked without hitch - I've opened, saved and converted html and doc files, and as yet have had no issues with the prefs panels.
How is everyone else getting on ?

richard_olier

V397 - OK at 98%

Post by richard_olier » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:25 am

On my SH3 device (CE 2.11) i have some time problem's to save files in .doc format.
This problem occur when i create a complex document (not big).
TM start to save, and it never stop.
I switch to an other task a select TM again, the software is operational again but the file created is only 4.5 Ko.
If i select after "Save" or CTRL+S it work well.
For the rest no problem.

Some function in table are missing (merge cells, title,...) but it's not a bug :wink:

richard_olier

Release 405 bug

Post by richard_olier » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:30 am

Since 4 month i'm saying that the r405 release is bugged.
I know that the SH3 compiler is buggy but Softmaker's developper are waiting since 4 month to fix the problem.
I'm happy to see that i'm not alone :o
Finaly it's bad because Textmaker is a good software :)
The only bad news: Planmaker will not be developped on the SH3 plateform :(

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs”