Saving to a storage card on HPJ 720

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

wootten00

Saving to a storage card on HPJ 720

Post by wootten00 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:18 am

I've been using Textmaker for a while now, but a problem I've always had is that it won't save to a storage card. Or if it does, it just takes such an incredibly long time that I think it's crashed and I ctrl-alt-delete it before it's finished. I get the little egg timer, and it continues to be animated, suggesting that TM hasn't frozen, but it never seems to complete the save process. It's fine when saving to main memory though, but I don't want to do that!

Any suggestions anyone?

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:09 pm

So you can save files to internal memory without any issues, right? But saving to a storage card causes problems. If so, it seems like you have some issues accessing your card from within some applications. Are you able to use another card?
If it still does not work you maybe have issues with your storage card driver (either software driver or hardware issue).
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

wootten00

Post by wootten00 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:15 pm

I don't have another card to try, but I do have plenty of applications loaded onto the storage card, or which access the storage card, and none of them have any problems. There is plenty of storage space left too. I don't think it's a problem with the card.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:06 pm

We cannot reproduce this behaviour. We have several Handheld PCs and we can use every Handheld PC to save to a storage card. Does anybody else have the same issue?
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

alphacrumb

Post by alphacrumb » Mon May 29, 2006 9:56 am

Tobias-L wrote:We cannot reproduce this behaviour. We have several Handheld PCs and we can use every Handheld PC to save to a storage card. Does anybody else have the same issue?
I have seen the same slowdown occur. I use TM on both my Jornada 820 and my 720--they share the same CF card. The 820 saves TM files very quickly, but the 720 takes almost ten times as long. I don't know why since, as I said, they are using the exact same CF card.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon May 29, 2006 11:14 am

So it looks like the CF card handler of the operating system has issues reading from/writing to the card.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

alphacrumb

Post by alphacrumb » Mon May 29, 2006 5:34 pm

Tobias-L wrote:So it looks like the CF card handler of the operating system has issues reading from/writing to the card.
Only with writing to the card--reading from it seems to be no problem.

From what you're saying, there seems to be a fault in Textmaker on the Jornada 720 (which uses Windows CE 3.0), but not on the Jornada 820 (using CE 2.11). This makes sense because I have seen the same slower write times on other CE 3.0 HPCs like the Mobilepro 790.

I am using Textmaker rev 397. Would the upgrade fix this problem?

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Tue May 30, 2006 8:19 am

Maybe the latest version fixes this issue. I just sent you a private mail (click here to read) with the download links for the latest version.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Handheld PCs”