Welcome to the beta of SoftMaker Office 2012 for Linux

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office2012 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:09 pm

The purpose of this forum is to facilitate the exchange of information between SoftMaker and our beta testers. Please post all bug reports in this forum.

How to report bugs

Please report bugs by posting in the appropriate forum. Create a new thread for every new topic. Reply to existing threads only to discuss those things that are already discussed in the existing thread.

Please write full bug reports with instructions how to REPRODUCE a bug. Ideally, it is like this:

1. Start TextMaker
2. Chinese user interface
3. Hit "abc", press Enter

-> error message "Hyphenation cannot be started"

Please include information about your system (device, Linux distribution) and any specific settings you have made.

If you need to include sample documents for us to inspect, please mail them to forum@softmaker.de (put a link to your forum in the e-mail).

Not: Something like "Spell-check does not work" or "When I type something, TextMaker crashes" is too unspecific to be helpful.

Make backup copies of your documents

SoftMaker Office for Linux beta may still contain bugs which means you can lose documents or parts of them. We don't warrant that you won't lose work. If you are not willing to accept this, stop using the SoftMaker Office for Linux beta.

Useful tips and tricks

Some useful tips regarding SoftMaker Office for Linux can be found here: http://www.softmaker.com/english/tipslinux_en.htm
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

EricC

Re: Welcome to the beta of SoftMaker Office 2012 for Linux

Post by EricC » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi Sven,

Would you guys be able to post a the linux specific differences (i.e. printing subsystem changes, etc)?

Thanks,
-Eric

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:01 pm

If you go to www.softmaker.com/english/ofltm_en.htm and click on "What's new", there is a list of Linux specifics near the end of the page.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

EricC

Post by EricC » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Doh! No wonder I didn't see it. The "What's new" tab was right in front of me. :oops: Thanks Martin.

Return to “Public beta: General”